Sign in to follow this  
tavrion

Drop Ship will sink BOB

tavrion    10
tavrion

I recently 'purchased' an item from a 'company' called Wedamart. I have to place 'purchase' and 'company' betwen quotation marks, because I never actually received an item, so I have not actually purchased anything and 'company' because the lack of and/or poor response from them, gives the impression that some 12 year old is sitting on the other side of the PC.

I guess I am more angry with myself for not seeing the 15 working days delivery time and the fact that they have had countless many negative ratings. I noticed that their price is competitive with that of Amazon.com (that's a good price bench mark) and purchased without hesitation. What a mistake. The situation is as follows:

21 June - Item purchased and paid via EFT.

26 June - Since I received no confirmation whatsoever, I mailed them to ask if they have received the order ok.

01 July - Wedamart response: They are processing the order.

10 July - I ask them for an upate since its nearly 3 weeks

17 July - Wedamart response: They suggest that we cancel the order since they are unable the source the item

17 July - I ask them to refund my money

18 July - Wedemart response: They are processing my refund

22 July (today) - 21 working days since initial purchae - still no refund. At some point I raised a ticked (DUY-848-49638) and today received an email marking it as closed since 'wedamart have suggested a cancellation and refund'. What refund? I am not sure why this would be marked as closed?

Best of all, the item is still listed at Surveillance Cameras - Avtech AVN257 Economic Series (1/3 inch) IR Network Camera (Outdoor) AVN257 for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:104175559) and it shows that they have 14 units available.

I can't help wonder why Bid Or Buy would put up with people like this. These are the people that give online shopping a bad name. They are the people that stunt the growth of this website and they are the people holding back the progress of online commerce in SA.

Edited by tavrion
spelling & typo

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

BoB will be able to check if this seller is an authorized drop shipper. Qball?

alloway65    10
alloway65

My feeling is that if sellers can't afford to purchase their products in the first place then they should not be allowed to sell merchandise they do not have in stock.

dstorm    10
dstorm

It seems as if the dropshippers and overseas sellers are allowed to operate under a seperate (very lenient) set of rules.

dstorm    10
dstorm

17 July - Wedamart response: They suggest that we cancel the order since they are unable the source the item

If this is the truth, then bidorbuy should take immediate action.

tavrion    10
tavrion

Looking back at the ad (that is still online), I most likely went ahead with the purchase since they claimed to have 14 items in stock and figured that it would be far sooner than 15 working days. Had I known that they did not have any items available, I almost surely would not have bothered. I am still waiting on my refund.

@dstorm, they did. In fact, their exact words, on the 17th of July (18 working days after placing the order):

"We should consider cancelling this order. Item is still out of stock and we can't keep this order open for this long."

Edited by tavrion

MattAv    10
MattAv

Hi Tavrion,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the seller. We have been very strict with users that are drop shipping. We are currently restricting most users who try drop shipping, we are seeing many problems with deliveries. Some sellers do get it right though.

This is the official list of drop shippers

We have been in contact with the seller, and he has had some difficulties.

We are going to follow up and ensure that you get your refund. We are going to remove the product since it is no longer in stock.

tavrion    10
tavrion

Thank you Matt.

I wish the seller felt obligated to apologise. If it were my company, I would pick up the phone and call immediately, apologise profusely and EFT 'clear now' the money instantly (which is technically my money due to lack of product). It would be on the top my list - but that is just me. I am not saying that all dropshippers operate this way. My concern is that a few bad apples (and Wedamart is a prime example) will damage your business. I am curious to see how long this refund will take ... it is now more than three working days since their last correspondence.

tavrion    10
tavrion

The saga ends and I finally got my money back (only 5 weeks). Due to the transaction now showing as cancelled, it is as if the seller never sold the item which means that I can not rate them, which means that more people will suffer.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Hi Tavrion,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the seller. We have been very strict with users that are drop shipping. We are currently restricting most users who try drop shipping, we are seeing many problems with deliveries. Some sellers do get it right though.

This is the official list of drop shippers

We have been in contact with the seller, and he has had some difficulties.

We are going to follow up and ensure that you get your refund. We are going to remove the product since it is no longer in stock.

jansmol Melinda Hefer and Tagless Names NOT on the drop shipper list, Why are they still trading as drop shippers?

svw    10
svw

Miems - 'admin' has done a quick update the only one not on the list is Tagless...

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Miems - 'admin' has done a quick update the only one not on the list is Tagless...

O Okay thanks svw.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

ISN'T THIS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO SIDE STEP BOB'S SUCCESS FEES ? TAGLESS: Please read shipping before bidding, Our items are not manufactured by us, they are made overseas by another supplier, we are importers and do not dropship, the item will NOT be sent directly from our suppliers to your address, this is to avoid any loss or damage to your items, Rather we import the products and quality inspect them ourselves before we send them out to your final destination all items are IN STOCK and will be sent out within 2 working days of payment, with exceptions to any postal strikes and or other factors out of our control, if you have any questions please contact us and we will be glad to keep you informed. The shipping charges include but are not limited to, international shipping costs, import duties, Tax, Vat, packaging materials, transport, insurance and final postage to your address, Please note we do offer further discounts at 10% for 3 or more items, 15% for 5 or more and 20% for 10 or more, please contact us to receive a quote on shipping costs after your winning bid if you have won multiple items. Further we are 100% sure about our products and if you are not satisfied please return withing 7 days of receiving your items in the same condition and we will refund your full bid amount including shipping costs. Finally if you do not agree with the shipping costs please do not bid, we will never force anyone to pay and if you need a bid removed or your order cancelled please contact us and we will be glad to assist

admin    0
admin

Hi Miems,

The seller was warned yesterday. I see they only have a couple of items open that end tomorrow. We will see what happens on Monday :smile:

Pathway    10
Pathway

Thanks, Miems.

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

I had problems with Wedamart also. Bought a game from them and after I asked them throw Questions and Answers if they had stock and they replied they had 11 I still waited about 2 months for the item. Poor poor seller and they are giving BOB a bad name. Look at the ratings. They should be blacklisted.[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Tagless    10
Tagless

Hi Everyone

I have adjusted the shipping costs, it was in no way intended to circumvent bid or buys listing fees, in fact i wish bid or buy would like Ebay take a final selling price including shipping to calculate their fees, that way nobody can be accused of anything like this. I do not mind to play by the rules and fully respect bid or buys request. I do however find it unfair that Dropshippers such as Melinda Hefer and Jansmol are allowed to charge Excessive fees and there is nothing wrong with it, they receive a whole new set of rules it would seem. We charged a higher shipping to include the international fees and customs charges as well as the local fees, also majority of the time we discounted any orders where we found the buyer was overcharged, we were told we may not do this and have complied, what does get me though is that these dropshippers are allowed to charge higher fees than what we were and they do not pay a quarter of what I used to. They send via registered international mail which if you look it up is roughly R20 for the 1st 100grams and R16 for each additional, its actually cheaper to send a parcel from China or Hong Kong than it is to send one locally.

That being said Melinda hefer and Jansmol should not be allowed to charge R200 or R190 respectively, I apologize if it sounds like i am ranting but I would like to see the same rules apply to everyone.

The worst part is Jansmol is allowed to dropship, we were told when we asked for dropshipping permision that we had to have an account older then 1 year, be verified and have 100 succesful sales, we achieved all this and were then told we still cant dropship as bid or buy has revoked all the rights for new dropshippers, However Jansmol's account met none of these criteria when they began to dropship, how is it that some new suppliers are allowed to dropship and others are not.

In anycase i apologize again if i am ranting and to Miems I am sorry as i said we did not intend to circumvent any of bid or buys charges. I wish everyone a fantastic day further.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Welcome to the forum Tagless. That's exactly my point of view. I also pay shipping fees and import duties on some of my stuff. That's the risk we are taking when listing our items on R1 auctions. Then there are also the sellers who's stuff are send to them "FREE SHIPPING" Now that's unfair, because now they charge the buyers R200 shipping. Take this example: Item bought for R80 free shipping Sell item for R1 + R200 shipping. R201 total. R201- R80 paid for the item = R119. Bob gets 5% = 5c success fees. The seller gets R119 - 5c = R118.50. Now that says it all!

Edited by MiemsJewels

Tagless    10
Tagless

Hi Miems

Thanks for the welcome. Yes i agree 100% with you. I just feel we should all be subjected to the same rules and regulations. I have paid thousands in local postage fees and packaging and thousands more on customs and duties, and do so happily as i prefer having the stock and know for sure that the customer has no extra fees when they collect their parcel, also occasionally some items are damaged upon arrival which can easily be repaired by replacing a clasp or such. however it justs rubs me up the wrong way knowing i am putting the extra time and effort in and get told we cannot include any of our other costs and the risk is our own, fair enough but then why do Dropshippers get the option to charge any shipping they like to make a profit and have none of the other costs involved.

I do honestly feel that bid or buy should charge a standard commission fee on the final value as Ebay does, this way you are subject to the fees either way.

Well thats my 2cents worth anyways.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
Hi Everyone

That being said Melinda hefer and Jansmol should not be allowed to charge R200 or R190 respectively, I apologize if it sounds like i am ranting but I would like to see the same rules apply to everyone.

In anycase i apologize again if i am ranting and to Miems I am sorry as i said we did not intend to circumvent any of bid or buys charges. I wish everyone a fantastic day further.

If I had a LIKE button I would like your post ( A good honest reply )!