Sign in to follow this  
Xarchitex

Rules for Shipping charges??

Xarchitex

Is there anything like Rules for shipping charges??

I just feel than many sellers are rather unethical in not posting their terms on the main view, especially when it comes to Crazy auctions. Yesterday I went ahead an bid on an Auction for 5 items and only afterwards I thought... there must be a catch... and there was! R350 shipping charge... per item! Digital Photo Frames - 7 Inch Multifunction Digital Photo Frame with Media Player Hight Resolution for sale in China (ID:104913261)

Anyway, just ranting for making such an amateur fault and not checking the shipping tab. Guess I was caught out with my pants down this time around... Still very unethical.......

Dawie

qball
Is there anything like Rules for shipping charges??

I just feel than many sellers are rather unethical in not posting their terms on the main view, especially when it comes to Crazy auctions. Yesterday I went ahead an bid on an Auction for 5 items and only afterwards I thought... there must be a catch... and there was! R350 shipping charge... per item! Digital Photo Frames - 7 Inch Multifunction Digital Photo Frame with Media Player Hight Resolution for sale in China (ID:104913261)

Anyway, just ranting for making such an amateur fault and not checking the shipping tab. Guess I was caught out with my pants down this time around... Still very unethical.......

Dawie

Please note, the seller is based in China and ships via courier thus the charges. We have confirmed on several occasions the actual charges for courier from China, average fee is between R300 and R350. It is important that you always read the shipping first. Should you feel fees are excessive you can report the seller to us for investigation. We do allow a reasonable amount to be added for packaging, but the key word being reasonable. Any abuse of shipping charges must be reported to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

TribalTrade

This auction only closes at 22:00 tonight. You can still ask the seller to delete your bid.

If he does not respond, you can ask Admin in a PM to delete your bid.

I just wonder if a seller in China is also bound by the CPA?

admin

I just wonder if a seller in China is also bound by the CPA?

This bidorbuy ship is anchored in Johannesburg, not sailing in international waters, all users are bound by applicable South African Laws :cool:

dstorm
This bidorbuy ship is anchored in Johannesburg, not sailing in international waters, all users are bound by applicable South African Laws :cool:

Hello Admin

By South African law a South African seller has to include VAT in prices advertised to the public (non trade / non wholesale). The overseas sellers will always have a 14% lead on South African sellers.

Charms Deals

Postage charges rip off

I agree with you 100% and it is definitely unethical. I have also been caught with this but I refused to pay their postings fees. End result I have a few SNC against me when in fact it should be against these sellers. If they want to take a gamble by listing their items at a low price, they must be willing to take a knock on their profits if the auction does not go in their favor. They sure as hell don't cut your postal charges if they tripled their anticipated selling price.:sad:

I know BidOrBuy say that buyers can contact their Community Watch and report sellers that ask high postage charges and they will investigate, but What gets me is that the actual charge for posting a package up a weight of 1 kilogram at the Post Office only R37.00 , but some local sellers charge you R54.00 to R150.00 for the 1st Item and R25.00 to R70.00 for every additional items, when in some instances up to 5 combined still weighs less than a kilogram. The seller therefore only pays R38.00 for all five items but we the buyers have to pay them (taking the lesser charges used) R154.00. Highway robbery.

I feel that BidOrBuy should incorporate a rule that the actual Post Office or Courier Service charges have to be charged, that all sellers have to give the buyer an option of what method the buyer wants to make use of getting his parcel.Not all buyers want to make use of couriers or overnight services. Give the consumer the right to choose For those sellers that cry they have costs getting the items to the post office ( we all do by the way) let BidorBuy insert an additional space for these charges to be shown, and once more give the consumer the option if they want to purchase from somebody charging to high admin fees. :idea::idea::idea:

Dawie

Edited by admin
Fixed Quote

alloway65
Hello Admin

By South African law a South African seller has to include VAT in prices advertised to the public (non trade / non wholesale). The overseas sellers will always have a 14% lead on South African sellers.

All goods coming into South Africa (are supposed to) go through Customs where 14% VAT is charged on 110% of the declared value. If you are VAT registered this VAT can be claimed back via your VAT 201 returns....I just did mine today!

YiaYia1

# Charms Deals# What about the packaging. Shipping is not about the postage alone.

dstorm
All goods coming into South Africa (are supposed to) go through Customs where 14% VAT is charged on 110% of the declared value. If you are VAT registered this VAT can be claimed back via your VAT 201 returns....I just did mine today!

Hello David

I think that you are missing my point.

If I (non VAT registered) were to import an item, I have to pay VAT on the import price. When I advertise the item in the RSA, I have to (by law) include VAT in the price. The overseas sellers do not have to do this. They can thus sell “cheaper” on BoB. And pay less commission.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

NooNooBug
I agree with you 100% and it is definitely unethical. I have also been caught with this but I refused to pay their postings fees. End result I have a few SNC against me when in fact it should be against these sellers. If they want to take a gamble by listing their items at a low price, they must be willing to take a knock on their profits if the auction does not go in their favor. They sure as hell don't cut your postal charges if they tripled their anticipated selling price.:sad:

I know BidOrBuy say that buyers can contact their Community Watch and report sellers that ask high postage charges and they will investigate, but What gets me is that the actual charge for posting a package up a weight of 1 kilogram at the Post Office only R37.00 , but some local sellers charge you R54.00 to R150.00 for the 1st Item and R25.00 to R70.00 for every additional items, when in some instances up to 5 combined still weighs less than a kilogram. The seller therefore only pays R38.00 for all five items but we the buyers have to pay them (taking the lesser charges used) R154.00. Highway robbery.

I feel that BidOrBuy should incorporate a rule that the actual Post Office or Courier Service charges have to be charged, that all sellers have to give the buyer an option of what method the buyer wants to make use of getting his parcel.Not all buyers want to make use of couriers or overnight services. Give the consumer the right to choose For those sellers that cry they have costs getting the items to the post office ( we all do by the way) let BidorBuy insert an additional space for these charges to be shown, and once more give the consumer the option if they want to purchase from somebody charging to high admin fees. :idea::idea::idea:

I agree that there are those sellers that are beyond ripping buyers off with their postage costs...that is why it is up to all users (sellers & buyers) to point these sellers out to Community Watch to investigate...report as you see them, don't presume someone else has, and maybe if many complain about the same sellers repeatedly then BoB will be have to rap them over the knuckles properly to try and curb this problem. As far as bidding on items but refusing to pay the postage...my sentiments are...and this is not directed solely at you, as there are many buyers like this judging by ratings I've read, to bid then moan about a postage charge that is clearly stated, excessive or not, not pay and have SNC's filed is also not the way to go. DO NOT bid on an auction if you can see the postage amount is more than you feel is worth paying, or question the amount if you feel it is warranted or if excessive report it ! Community Watch cannot keep track of all these charges & it is up to us all to report them. The other sellers you need to report are those that state "postage charges will be sent to you after the auction has closed"....if that isn't a RED flag I don't know !

wayjen

I am sure the word "CHINA" under the sellers name should have sparked some interest on where the items are coming from and or stored and then from there finding the price of shipping.

JANDS

I have a tree growing free packaging material. It fruits all year round with bunches of tape, dripping bubble-wrap and boxes in all sizes. I sell the seeds for R5-00 per 1000 to help sellers keep up with angry buyers. Shipping is via the Post Office and will be R75-00. I can guarantee neither the germination of the seed nor the delivery of the item.

wayjen

I can tell you that on any given day if you go to your local post office and go to any open counter, you will get a different price for postage for the same parcel. Also remember that postage prices are justified, even if considered excessive, because of the way the items are packed and you don't have to take my word for it just go look for the threads and posts here on the forum where other buyers and sellers have justified high postage prices because of the way the items are wrapped.

moodTime
I have a tree growing free packaging material. It fruits all year round with bunches of tape, dripping bubble-wrap and boxes in all sizes. I sell the seeds for R5-00 per 1000 to help sellers keep up with angry buyers. Shipping is via the Post Office and will be R75-00. I can guarantee neither the germination of the seed nor the delivery of the item.

:amuse: I love your post, I just wish I had one of your trees..... I hope it also produces petrol, printer ink and paper by the bucket load :awesome:

Edited by moodTime

moodTime
I can tell you that on any given day if you go to your local post office and go to any open counter, you will get a different price for postage for the same parcel. Also remember that postage prices are justified, even if considered excessive, because of the way the items are packed and you don't have to take my word for it just go look for the threads and posts here on the forum where other buyers and sellers have justified high postage prices because of the way the items are wrapped.

So true, one day it is R21 econo parcel, next day it is R39 day after volumetric R55. :weird:

JANDS
:amuse: I love your post, I just wish I had one of your trees..... I hope it also produces petrol, printer ink and paper by the bucket load :awesome:

I have fairies which can pack a parcel in under thirty minutes if you want me to send you some of their babies.

wayjen
So true, one day it is R21 econo parcel, next day it is R39 day after volumetric R55. :weird:

Correct!