Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

What about a separate section for clad coins/medallions....as th

alloway65

What about a separate section for clad medallions....as the numismatic listings are being swamped with clad items!

Edited by alloway65

qball

We are busy requesting sellers to list under Medallions - the clad items are not coins but medallions and must be listed under medallions, please report sellers who list under coins.

Pierre_Henri
We are busy requesting sellers to list under Medallions - the clad items are not coins but medallions and must be listed under medallions, please report sellers who list under coins.

99% of our current coins are clad(ded) coins, so I am obviously "dof" again missing something?

qball
99% of our current coins are clad(ded) coins, so I am obviously "dof" again missing something?

I refer to the clad Mandela medallions and Robben Island medallions that seem to be everywhere...

jcriller

Great suggestion, i am tired of having to go through clad medallions/coins, they should not even be allowed to be listed.Just my opinion.

alloway65

Engelhard

1Troy oz .999

"Brass - Silver Plated"

2194454_130712121646_Engelhard_1Troy_oz_.999_Fine_Silver_bar_1.jpg

This one confuses me!

alloway65

Also this sort of thing Pierre!

Listed under coins & notes/bullion bars.

SOUTH AFRICA KRUGERRAND - THE ELEPHANT (KING OF AFRICA) .999 24K Gold Layered Bullion Bar 1 OZ

2486801_130118225347_506686_121205145628_DSC00002[1].jpg

Edited by alloway65

alloway65

Doing a quick check of the upcoming Wednesday auction I see all Clad Medallions are still listed as coins/bullion etc!!!!

Pierre_Henri
Also this sort of thing Pierre!

Listed under coins & notes/bullion bars.

SOUTH AFRICA KRUGERRAND - THE ELEPHANT (KING OF AFRICA) .999 24K Gold Layered Bullion Bar 1 OZ

2486801_130118225347_506686_121205145628_DSC00002[1].jpg

Huh - what Pierre is that?

Whatever ...

Never seen those and will never be interested in cladded rubbish...

But each to his own - there will always be a collector for anything, so as long as whomever's listings on BoB is truthful and not deceitful & spiteful - one can probably list whatever you want on BoB?

I do not collect signed pictures of Julius Malema but there might be collectors out there who might?

The times they are surely a-changing ...

Pierre

kyle2

These Gold clad tokens are an insult to all that is numismatics. They are neither coin or anything valuable. They may appeal to first time buyers who haven't got a clue, I really wish they would just go away, they are 'Polluting' the coin section and offer nothing more than a distraction. PLEASE put them in a separate group altogether.:evil:

jcriller
These Gold clad tokens are an insult to all that is numismatics. They are neither coin or anything valuable. They may appeal to first time buyers who haven't got a clue, I really wish they would just go away, they are 'Polluting' the coin section and offer nothing more than a distraction. PLEASE put them in a separate group altogether.:evil:

Thank you, i totally agree, its a waste of time having to skip all these clad and bent and whatever nonsense that seems to be polluting the whole site.

Jongleur

Having bought some myself I cant agree with you guys. Whatever their value they are beautiful.

kyle2
Having bought some myself I cant agree with you guys. Whatever their value they are beautiful.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :toung:

Jongleur

Precisely. Now what is more beautiful than this ?

Blue-Bulls.jpg.f34ac06b2f0ff08c7b382ae50004f4fc.jpg

Cold Sea
Precisely. Now what is more beautiful than this ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4708[/ATTACH]

Now don't get ahead of yourself Jongleur, we've still got the cup, and it's not cladded, except with all the Province badges of course.

cup.jpg.f866eb2f19d0e803911438d4b6a2fd6a.jpg

Jongleur
Now don't get ahead of yourself Jongleur, we've still got the cup, and it's not cladded, except with all the Province badges of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4709[/ATTACH]

Very sharp. I hope the poor thing is still in one piece after being forcefully removed from it`s home at Loftus.

The Super Rugby cup is up for grabs first. Then we will reclaim what is ours - the Currie Cup.

alloway65

I report as follows:

As far as I can see the BoB requests to sellers to list their clad medallions under medallions has done no good whatsoever as all/most clad medallion sellers on the Friday auction are still listing under Coins & Notes/Gold & Bullion Bars.

kyle2
I report as follows:

As far as I can see the BoB requests to sellers to list their clad medallions under medallions has done no good whatsoever as all/most clad medallion sellers on the Friday auction are still listing under Coins & Notes/Gold & Bullion Bars.

A HUGE pain in the Butt.

alloway65

I see all Clad Medallions on the Wednesday auction are still listed under Notes & Coins etc!!!:disgusted:

jcriller

I hope admin picked up on these posts, it would be nice to hear their response to what we feel

alloway65

I think the swelling Bank Accounts have dulled their senses to the Bobers ongoing problems with certain/all Clad sellers!!!!

Maybe the "real" coin sellers should, as a sign of protest, move their coin listings to the Stamp/Philatelic section and leave the coin section to the clad/plated Medallion sellers!!!! They have taken over in excess of 90% anyway!!!

qball

We will be having a discussion around the category in due course to try address this issue.

SA COINAGE

Edited by SA COINAGE

kyle2

Sifting through the coin listing takes twice as long now as one has to manually select each category separately each time to try and avoid these cursed clad things, and still they are listed as coins in the Mandela coin section or one of the others. These things need a category completely separate from the coin section. They really are a curse being neither fish nor fowl, certainly not coin.

qball

We are busy investigating the best way to deal with this issue, we are considering adding certain categories to deal with this, this will take some time, so please be patient.

Thank you.