Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Delete a bid

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I know that this is not pleasant for the seller (I have sold items and have had this happen to me before, not making me happy), but how can I have a bid I have made deleted ? I have bid on something and want the bid deleted. I didn't read the ad correctly and it appears as if the item I want to buy is miniature and not full sized.

Here is the link

English - 16 Piece Fine Bone China "Shelley" England Coffee Set for sale in Bethlehem (ID:105344814)

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

You can ask, via Q&A, to have your bid deleted.... let Seller know the reason: you misread and 'thought' they were full-size and not miniatures. If Buyer does not respond, or does not delete bid, then contact BoB and ask for your bid to be deleted. (Contacting Seller via Q&A also gives you 'proof' you requested bid deletion...for SNC, should it come to that.)

Ruthie

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Pretty set ! No measurements are given anywhere though, so if you have changed your mind they cannot surely be upset ! Just send a message and see ! Can only ask !

XTRADE    10
XTRADE

As a seller on Bidorbuy I really don't mind deleting bids if asked. I do this with no hassle at all.

What I don't like about bids asked to be deleted is if this is done 5 minutes before the auction ends.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
As a seller on Bidorbuy I really don't mind deleting bids if asked. I do this with no hassle at all.

What I don't like about bids asked to be deleted is if this is done 5 minutes before the auction ends.

Be careful when deleting bids.If the user has multiply bids the price will drop dramatically because every bid the person bid will be deleted.

This removing of bids in open to abuse because 2 users could be in cahoots to get the price down.

If this happens 5 mins before the auction closes rather let the auction finish then make a personal offer to the next buyer.

I.E

User 1. R100

User 2 R110

User 3 R120

User 1 R130

User 2 R140. User 2 wants his bids deleted.The price will drop to R120 2 R10 bids by user 2 deleted.If user 2 made 4 bids it is going to drop more and in high priced listings it can be even more noticable.

Unfortunately we cannot see how many bids the user made unless we check all the bids via our email as only the last bid will reflect on the auction.:colbert: