Sign in to follow this  
Trellis

Why is a bad seller on the best seller list

Trellis

Hi this seller

All ratings received by JethroA from buyers on bidorbuy.co.za

they appear on the best seller list in their category listing, i think with so many negative ratings and accusations of fakes, the applying of hot item on the images and listed as a bid or buy best seller is probably not good for the bid or buy image.

i realise that its a system and you cant control everything but you could add a script to that part of the site that disallows placement in a featured area of your site if they have recently received multiple negative ratings.

Cheers

kebs

Unfortunately, the way the system calculates the top seller is by the amount of money that seller's sales are worth. This is the third time that I'm aware of where a "top seller" ends up being a very bad seller, but some people buy anyway not understanding how they ended up on the list. Also, I see this seller is still selling, although it seems not cellphones anymore.

qball

The seller has been restricted and is not permitted to continue selling, we have also managed to refund many of the buyers as the funds were not released to the seller.

One should always refer to the ratings. Hot items are not "featured" items as such, this is dependent on the number of bids an item gets, that puts it into this area.