Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

SAPO being used as excuse?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Extract form shipping details : "...On closing of Auction we will let you know the Cost Of POSTAGE. The Post Office has a new system called [ VOLUMETRIC MASS ] they measure the Parcel, Thus making the Parcel's cost more because of it's size & not of it's WEIGHT. Strictly NO COMBINING ..."

Now as sellers we all know this new Volumetric thing can be an issue but this looks suspect to me ! If you are not combining how can you not calculate the postage ? Just saying !

wayjen    10
wayjen

I posted 2 items of under 5kg about a month ago and charged about R48 for the parcel, when I had to pay for the item at the post office it cost me something like R96 because of VOLUMETRIC MASS. Two items under quoted because of packaging/volumetric mass. The mass went from 5kg to 12kg.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

You should check whether this Volumetrical is still in operation because my post office phoned and said it was scrapped .

I am back to paying by weight.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I still paid for volumetrical mass today. Latest nuisance though, is that I must write each and every parcel's details on a list with tracking number.. Same list as the one's we use for insured mail. I've asked them if they will pay me a salary.

wayjen    10
wayjen
I still paid for volumetrical mass today. Latest nuisance though, is that I must write each and every parcel's details on a list with tracking number.. Same list as the one's we use for insured mail. I've asked them if they will pay me a salary.

Been writing out love letters since the beginning of the year and worse is they ask what is in the parcel and because of skelms, I lie allot on those forms so won't get into heaven because of the post master.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

You could always only give them one parcel at a time just to annoy them, then once it has gone through give them another one etc...mmm only prob is you could be there all day and that wouldn't be fun !

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Been writing out love letters since the beginning of the year and worse is they ask what is in the parcel and because of skelms, I lie allot on those forms so won't get into heaven because of the post master.

Oh dear me too ! I try and think of an obscure description without lying if possible, especially if they are insured just on the off chance I need to claim ! Have to start thinking like the estate agents do when describing houses ! (sorry hope I didn't offend any agents !)

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

All you have to do is post all bubble envelopes as "A Bible". Thieves don't read the good book, or if they do, they probably will not need 2.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

Here in port elizabeth I have been very frustrated with the post office. Each post office seems to differ. I recently posted a parcel which I had charged R35 and it cost close to R80.00 due to volumetrics.

When we asked the post office to issue us with a brochure on the new costs they did not have any...when you go to the main post office website they say nothing aboout the new system so my plan of action is to carry the rates brochure with me to every post office and when they charge "volumetrics" I will produce the brochure with vaild rates from APRIL 2013 TO APRIL 2014 and insist that they can not charge me more as this is the official rates of SAPO. Hope fully they will soon change this terrible system! Apart from the rates issue it takes about 5 min for one parcel to get done!!

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Here in port elizabeth I have been very frustrated with the post office. Each post office seems to differ. I recently posted a parcel which I had charged R35 and it cost close to R80.00 due to volumetrics.

When we asked the post office to issue us with a brochure on the new costs they did not have any...when you go to the main post office website they say nothing aboout the new system so my plan of action is to carry the rates brochure with me to every post office and when they charge "volumetrics" I will produce the brochure with vaild rates from APRIL 2013 TO APRIL 2014 and insist that they can not charge me more as this is the official rates of SAPO. Hope fully they will soon change this terrible system! Apart from the rates issue it takes about 5 min for one parcel to get done!!

My post office phoned me specifically to tell me the volumetrical is no longer valid as there was too much outcry about it.

I am back to posting on weight as before

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I'll be seeing you......Wayjen...,, you know where!:sick: