Sign in to follow this  
retailrush

Stranger to the Forum

retailrush    10
retailrush

Hi to all my Forum friends. Sorry I have been scarce lately, but what with eventually selling my house and buying a new one in Port Elizabeth I have been a tad busy. Hopefully my sale will be finalised on Monday next week and then it will be all systems go.

There is still so much to do - packing up a home of 21 years is not easy, especially when ones late husband was a handyman of note and had so much "stuff" in his large workshop.

I have decided to have a "yard sale" at the end of this month to try and get rid of a lot of the small stuff - I think it could work as I live on a busy road with people walking and driving up and down every day - I will advertise it at our road closure point as well. I intend to have loads of friends here to help me on the day - so apart from anything else it should be a fun, festive morning.

I must say I am looking forward to not having to deal with the daily implications of living on a small holding - there is always something breaking down and I have spent the last 18 months since Rob passed just taking it one day at a time and sorting out the problems as they occur - but it's not something I want to carry on doing. A normal life for me PLEASE!!!

I am still selling on Bid or Buy, but am winding down my stock so that I don't have to move it to PE - hopefully I will be able to carry on once I am settled.

I have been checking the Forum now and then and see that most of us aren't happy with the new Volumetric weight system at the SAPO - it does certainly cause a problem now when quoting for postage and packaging doesn't it.

So, that's my story folks - who knows I may even get to eventually meet some you guys who live down in the Eastern Cape area one day, so that's something to look forward to.

Take care all - enjoy the week-end and the prospect of a great Wimbledon men's final on Sunday.

Wendy

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Hi to all my Forum friends. Sorry I have been scarce lately, but what with eventually selling my house and buying a new one in Port Elizabeth I have been a tad busy. Hopefully my sale will be finalised on Monday next week and then it will be all systems go.

There is still so much to do - packing up a home of 21 years is not easy, especially when ones late husband was a handyman of note and had so much "stuff" in his large workshop.

I have decided to have a "yard sale" at the end of this month to try and get rid of a lot of the small stuff - I think it could work as I live on a busy road with people walking and driving up and down every day - I will advertise it at our road closure point as well. I intend to have loads of friends here to help me on the day - so apart from anything else it should be a fun, festive morning.

I must say I am looking forward to not having to deal with the daily implications of living on a small holding - there is always something breaking down and I have spent the last 18 months since Rob passed just taking it one day at a time and sorting out the problems as they occur - but it's not something I want to carry on doing. A normal life for me PLEASE!!!

I am still selling on Bid or Buy, but am winding down my stock so that I don't have to move it to PE - hopefully I will be able to carry on once I am settled.

I have been checking the Forum now and then and see that most of us aren't happy with the new Volumetric weight system at the SAPO - it does certainly cause a problem now when quoting for postage and packaging doesn't it.

So, that's my story folks - who knows I may even get to eventually meet some you guys who live down in the Eastern Cape area one day, so that's something to look forward to.

Take care all - enjoy the week-end and the prospect of a great Wimbledon men's final on Sunday.

Wendy

Hi Wendy. I hope all goes well. Port Elizabeth and her people are bound to welcome you with open arms. Let us know

if you need assistance.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Good luck with the move, Wendy. PE rocks! You'll find it very welcoming.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Hi Wendy !

All the best for your Yard Sale and subsequent pack up & move ! I am sure you will love PE... I spent my student years in PE and then some years later moved back & we lived there for almost 10 years ! Love it and have loads of fond memories. It is a friendly city with lots to offer in all aspects. Will be thinking of you as you wade through "The workshop" ! (we have an extensive one which had to be packed up & moved way too many times to be fun...so I understand !)

Have a good week

CIao

Nadia

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Hi Wendy,

I wish you the best of Luck with your new phase in life. I know you are anxious to shed those workshop items, but it may be to your benefit to utilize an auction house, yard sales are notorious for bargain hunters that wear you down with their haggling. One generally realize more mmoney in auction lots even with the auction house fees.

Best Wishes, JB

Edited by Just Beachin

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hello Wendy

Glad to see you are moving to PE. Best wishes for the move and if you ever think of visiting Grahamstown, please send me a PM! I would love to meet you!

Big hugs