Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Laptop/Tablet or Notebook

voldermort

Can anybody in the know please help me........Jade is wanting to buy either a laptop or a tablet, needed mainly for varsity/work, however & please contain your laughter........can somebody please explain the difference between a laptop, notebook & tablet because we have absolutely no idea :rolleyes: if possible also to tell me what is a good, affordable make? Thanks in advance

Jongleur

Luvaglio laptop. Very nifty.

voldermort
Luvaglio laptop. Very nifty.

mmm, affordable?......$1 000 000.00.....sure, because I keep that spare in my wallet all the time sangomie :surprised:

Edited by voldermort

Jongleur
mmm, affordable?......$1 000 000.00.....sure, because I keep that spare in my wallet all the time sangomie :surprised:

Got diamonds and things inside.

When my son came up with this same request / extortion ( will help me maintain my "A" aggregate ) it happened to

coincide with my cell phone contract renewal / upgrade. Instead of the 2 phones, free this and free that

I asked for and received a Hewlett Packard notebook which he has used ever since. Even got a nice

Blackberry for free. But no diamonds I`m afraid. Perhaps they only give them to girls.

voldermort
Got diamonds and things inside.

When my son came up with this same request / extortion ( will help me maintain my "A" aggregate ) it happened to

coincide with my cell phone contract renewal / upgrade. Instead of the 2 phones, free this and free that

I asked for and received a Hewlett Packard notebook which he has used ever since. Even got a nice

Blackberry for free. But no diamonds I`m afraid. Perhaps they only give them to girls.

Your son wanted a Luvaglio?

Jongleur
Your son wanted a Luvaglio?

No. Just a laptop.

Virgotec

A Laptop is a small mobile computer, which usually weighs around 1 to 8 kilograms, depending on size, materials, and other factors. Laptops were developed to get in the portability factor with the computers. The initial laptops were more or less of same configurations as a desktop.

A Notebook is an extremely lightweight personal computer. Notebook computers typically weigh less than 3 kilograms and are small enough to fit easily in a briefcase. Notebooks were designed to get the frequently used functionalities of a computer in a handy size and easy to carry case.

The two have similar origins and use but differ in terms of size and functional capacity.

Tablets

These highly portable computing devices give you full control of the screen, features and applications. By using your finger or a stylus, you can directly touch the screen to make gaming more interactive, and the hands-on approach provides a more tactile experience than a mouse for drawing and illustrating. Compared to laptop computers, these products are small. Most tablets offer anywhere from a 7-inch to a 10-inch display screen and weigh less than 1 kilogram. You can store all your music, capture photos or videos, video chat and even read books on their built-in eReaders.

Aside from some hefty price tags, you must take special precautions in the care of these devices. They may have a durable body, but the touchscreen display is exposed. And if the touchscreen is damaged, your device could become useless. You can buy a case to protect the screen, but these are not included with the product and require a separate purchase. Hope this helps!

Virgotec

Forgot to add, if it's for a student, you can go for HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Acer, Samsung or even LG, to name a few. They all come in the under R5000.00 range.

Edited by Virgotec
spelling

alloway65

I bought a new Dell Laptop a couple of months ago and am quite happy with it.

if you buy one with a black keyboard make sure it has an illuminated keyboard as the grey characters on the black keys are difficult to see...I had to buy a USB keyboard light.

Try for Windows7 as Windows8 is pain......just as the old Vista was.

Virgotec

Yes, I agree with Alloway65, Windows7 is far more user friendly, if you can find a new laptop/notebook that comes with it. I wouldn't recommend a tablet for Jade, however tablets are the in thing nowadays and he would probably prefer it. Not the most practical for a student, but definitely the hip thing to have.

voldermort

Thank you all for the responses/private messages however on the day I posted this we had an unexpected death in the family & this has therefore understandably dropped to the bottom of our list for now.

lilythepink

Dearest voldermort and family - I am so sorry to read only now about the death in the family. Please know that I am thinking of all of you and I hope your tears of grief will turn into tears of joy for having shared the life of someone precious to you. (MrAerospace sends condolences to you as well.)