Sign in to follow this  
ebsternator

Fraudulent transactions by "jolgrey82" and possibly "wrostoll". Watch out people !

ebsternator

So a netbook I fancied appeared on bidorbuy last week, and I decided to bid. Being the impatient soul that I am, I decided to offer the seller a final price so that I could get the netbook immediately.

She agreed and subsequently deleted the item off bidorbuy and completed the transaction via e-mail. To this bidorbuy has understandably been unable to help me.

We agreed on the price that it included shipping and at no point did she mention that risk of damage is on the buyer. She assured me delivery of a working condition item with minor superficial scratches.

After many posting delays which should have raised a few bells, I finally received the item. It was cracked and broken, and refused to work. It looked as if someone drove over it. The shipping company say they are not liable.

After sending her emails of the item (and requesting her contact details on numerous occasions to which she ignored my request), she referred me to her fiance, who goes by the name "wrostoll" on bidorbuy.

He swore me and refused a refund, even a request by me to reduce the price due to latent defects.

I will follow this up with Nedbanks fraud division and any further help is welcomed.

Please be careful of both users, they not ignore all my attempts at resolution.

Now I understand why they say, don't complete transactions of the site.

Regards

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4688[/ATTACH]

mrmouse
Hi ebsternator,

Welcome to the forum.

If all else fails....

Small Claims Court FAQ's - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

Have you tried small claims court lately ?, may as well try to fly without wings .Unfortunately the Consumer act states :: Seller is liable for all goods UNTILL delivered , you may have some recourse still .Good Luck .

ebsternator

Will try that, although trying to eke out personal details from dishonest punks is a bit of a schlep.

mrmouse

Phone the consumer helpline first and see what thay say before throwing all the piggies out of the sty.

ebsternator

They cannot help with transactions completed outside bidorbuy even if it was originally initiated on the site

mrmouse

Not Bob helpline the Consumer protector helpline The CPA has guidelines you can follow and a consumer helpline for people not adhering to the act.011 355 8006 .The person selling on Bob is acting as a business and has to adhere to certain guidelines and rules , it is illegal to knowingly sell an item with a latent or known defect without divulging that to the buyer , you have full recourse if it is so .

Just Beachin

Still what do you do if the seller and the buyer are in different jurisdictions?

mrmouse
Still what do you do if the seller and the buyer are in different jurisdictions?

If the seller is selling in the Republic of SA he has to abide by the law , and as the law clearly states Seller Is Liable for all goods untill recieved by buyer in the condition as described , the buyer has the full recourse of the CPA if he wishes to persue the matter.