Sign in to follow this  
TGSA

New Postal Rates Parcels: VOLUMETRIC SYSTEM

MiemsJewels
It hasn't been "scrapped" in Grahamstown ... sent a parcel to Cape Town and they weighed it and as volumetric weight was higher, we paid the higher price. (Furiously drinking a cup of tea!)

It hasn't been scrapped in Kriel either Janet. I throughed a lekker tantrum at my P O today. Let's see if my outcry helped.

Little Miss Muffet
It hasn't been scrapped in Kriel either Janet. I throughed a lekker tantrum at my P O today. Let's see if my outcry helped.

I cannot understand how this can be.I have not been paying volumetric since the middle of July

When you go to the Post office again get them to call Edgemead in Cape Town and ask them why it is scrapped there.

MiemsJewels
I cannot understand how this can be.I have not been paying volumetric since the middle of July

When you go to the Post office again get them to call Edgemead in Cape Town and ask them why it is scrapped there.

I asked them to call head office geewhizz, but they don't want to. Showed me letters they received. Red nou 'n nasie met sulke personeel.

NooNooBug

The Circular in question should be 13/149 dated something in September, but hasn't been received by all Post Offices yet so some are still charging volumetric ! Go figure - they make a change but not everyone knows about it in the same week, let alone same day ! Our PO are sitting on circular 13/145 still so when will we get it here ? Will get a copy as soon as available and anyone who needs it can send me their email via PM. !

NooNooBug

Hahaha that is the efficiency of the SAPO system, maybe they haven't read or received the original circular !

Annie737

OMW.....sorry!! I typed the Circular details all wrong!! Dyslexia set in!! :-) Thanks NooNooBug!

MiemsJewels

I must have a serious contagious disease..........my postmaster (a lady) goes into hiding when I enter the post office. Wonder why? :ninja:

YiaYia1

Miems maybe you have a "cross face".....hehehe

NooNooBug

Went to PO again yesterday and Circular 149 is concerning Commercial bulk parcels for companies like Avon, nothing to do with Volumetric parcels so didn't get a copy. Our Postmaster says that he hasn't seen any recent ones to do with Volumetric parcels so couldn't help more. Anyone else know any other details ?

Little Miss Muffet
I have just had a call from my post office to say that there has been such an outcry about the new volumetrical charges on parcels that it has now been scrapped:awesome:

This post from July is no longer valid.

My Post office told us this morning that Edgemead's volumetrical system comes into effect on 18th October. Apparently it is being introduced in various areas at differant dates.

However, I have not been paying it since July except for a few weeks before I was told the above story.

NooNooBug

My Post office told us this morning that Edgemead's volumetrical system comes into effect on 18th October. Apparently it is being introduced in various areas at differant dates.

However, I have not been paying it since July except for a few weeks before I was told the above story.

Only in our dear SAPO ! Well glad you saved a little. 18th is still a while away, it could change before then ! Anything possible with them!

Annie737

I will get a copy of the said Circular and keep you updated.

Little Miss Muffet

My post office told me in July that the volumetric system no longer applies then told me last week it would come into effect on 18th October at Edgemead.

Believe it or not I was told yesterday it no longer applies.

:colbert: 58f5a74ad50df_RecentlyUpdated60.jpg.df7f12631d38c8f39db502a69054d7de.jpg

moodTime
My post office told me in July that the volumetric system no longer applies then told me last week it would come into effect on 18th October at Edgemead.

Believe it or not I was told yesterday it no longer applies.

:colbert: [ATTACH=CONFIG]4782[/ATTACH]

Volumetric system has been scrapped. Our branch manager confirmed this with head office. Volumetric only applies when the parcel exceeds the requirements of an ordinary parcel this is when the length exceeds 1m and the length plus girth is more than 2m.

moodTime

Econoparcel

An Econoparcel is a parcel that is not bigger than 458 x 324 x

100mm and does not weigh more than 1kg.

Ordinary parcel

An Ordinary parcel is any postal item that is bigger than 353 x 250

x 30mm and/or weighs more than 1kg. The maximum length is

1m and the length plus girth may not be more than 2m.

The domestic counter-to-counter parcel service (ordinary parcel)

is the most economical way to send a parcel. Customers can send

parcels from any Post Office counter to any other Post Office

counter in the country.

If the parcel does not fit into the above categories then Volumetric Mass only applies.