Sign in to follow this  
YiaYia1

Authentic numbers for handbags

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Wonder if anybody can advice or assist me. I have a few authentic handbags. I believe it is real.:sad2:

Marc Jacobs - cost about R9000.00 - No number in bag.

2 Coach handbags bought from a well established retailer. - no numbers in bags

3 Guess bags also bought from a well established retailer. - no numbers in bags.

A BOB Member made it very clear all authentic bags have to have numbers before I can sell them as authentic.:confused:

According to the retailer she was not aware of this. She will clear it with the department of Trade and Industry today. Bags are mostly imported.

Regards

RISadler    10
RISadler
I have a few authentic handbags. I believe it is real.

Authentic handbags, huh? Not just those plastic Pick'n'Pay bags masquerading as handbags, but genuine, bona fide handbags. Golly.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Real ones... I love handbags..... How does 50 handbags sound and 150 pairs of shoes... The biggest fear when I move to my retirement place

RISadler    10
RISadler

Well, I can beat you ten books for each bag or shoe easily. :nuts:

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

Hi there,

The inner tag of a Guess handbag will have: Fabric info, cleaning info, manufacturing country, RN number... at the very bottom of the tag there should be a style number, for example VY333218, PM111502 etc... All style numbers differ though, but it should be the same style number that was on the Guess tag when you purchased the bag - the style number can be associated with a style name. I suppose it also depends on how old the bag is; it could be that you have a very old style that wasn't released this way? I have seen very old (mini) Guess bags that didn't have labels inside of them.

When you purchase a Guess handbag, the tag that is attached outside the bag should contain the style / msr number, colour, group (style name) and must be attached with a black barb

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Thank you Fashion Police. Seen that. The coach handbag also have a sewn in tag. But a buyer insist that all authentic bag have to have a serial no. According to dept of Trade and Industries they were not aware that all bags should have serial numbers. I dont think retailers at the airport and V&A Cape Town will sell fakes. I am now also keeping receipts

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

The buyer is most likely thinking more in the line of very high end brands such as Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton etc. These kind of bags that retail for R20000-R160000 will have authenticity cards/certificates and serial numbers. Guess comes with it's unique style number which I suppose should probably qualify as the "serial number"? I'm not sure about Coach and Marc Jacobs though - I'm sure you'll be able to find some info online