Sign in to follow this  
Saint786

Mandela "Silver" Medallions - Mint of Norway Copies/Fakes?

Saint786    10
Saint786

Mandela "Silver" Medallions - Mint of Norway Copies/Fakes?

Hi,

I recently bid and won a Mandela Medallion which looks similar as the one which was minted by the Mint of Norway.

I bid on the item as i saw questions answered by the seller, confirming that the Medallion was silver in content.As picture below.

After winning and the one Medallion i negotiated a price for another ten units in which the seller confirmed that it was silver but could not guarantee that it was minted by the mint of Norway as he had purchased them from someone only in capsules and not in box or booklet of issue. I accepted it as i was after the Medallions being silver.

After receiving the items the seller informed me that the Medallions were indeed silver clad and not silver in content and offered to refund me.I accepted and informed him i would like a refund but then received a mail saying that they no longer want to refund me as the items received were still Medallions. The issue was not it being a Medallion but its content. The seller has subsequently deleted all questions whereby the content was confirmed.

Would these be considered to be copies or fakes?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4680[/ATTACH]

Kind regards

Irfaan

alloway65    10
alloway65

This could possibly the same seller......I asked the seller to confirm that these so called silver medallions were minted by The Mint of Norway but never received a response.

I also asked a question about other Mandela medallions that were being sold....I never received a response so I never bid on either medallion.

These ''silver'' medallions to my recollection were originally being sold/advertized as silver then some time later they were being sold as silver clad.

I had my suspicions as these medallions, the originals that is, are quite scarce and cannot be bought in large quantities!

Report this matter to BoB and they should ensure you get a full refund. Good luck.

They are copies/fakes, the sale of which is not permitted on BoB.

admin    0
admin

Hi Irfaan,

The seller was advised to refrain from listing them as they contravene copyright laws and to refund buyers that were under the impression that they were made from pure silver.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Should we then assume that these Medallions are also copies/fakes.......or are they the real thing....who would like to hazard an educated guess?????

2323206-3930055557-l.gif

Saint786    10
Saint786

Hi have reported this to BOB but still awaiting a response.....

So what do i do with these items which cannot be listed on BOB if the seller does not want to refund me?

Will BOB allow this seller to continue trading even though he does not want to correct he previous sales which was in fact invalid?

Hope this will not end with giving the seller a warning as i do not think a slap on the hand will correct this situation.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I am sure if you bought these medallions when they were listed as silver BoB will bring pressure to bear such that you should get your money back.

If you bought them when listed as silver clad then that is a different scenario.

admin    0
admin
Hi have reported this to BOB but still awaiting a response.....

So what do i do with these items which cannot be listed on BOB if the seller does not want to refund me?

Will BOB allow this seller to continue trading even though he does not want to correct he previous sales which was in fact invalid?

Hope this will not end with giving the seller a warning as i do not think a slap on the hand will correct this situation.

Found your ticket, ID FEZ-184-67196, I am sure you will receive a reply tomorrow.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Also a warning to Silver Panda buyers, be very careful when buying Pandas as there are a lot of fakes on the market, two I bought on BoB some time ago turned out to be fakes.

qball    10
qball

If the seller refuses to refund you, we can take steps to restrict him. He has been advised to refund buyers as these items were not as described.

Saint786    10
Saint786

Not sure what restrictions will be in effect as i see the seller has a number of items listed on the Crazy Wednesday auction.

How will the restrictions be effective?

qball    10
qball

If seller refuses to refund, we restrict and remove listings and he cannot sell, therefore cannot derive revenue from sales. At this stage he is not restricted unless he refuses to assist with this issue.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Hi Irfaan,

Please let us know when you get a refund........or not!

David

Saint786    10
Saint786

Hi,

The seller has not been forthcoming and his account is still active.BOB has yet to implement the restrictions on his account.

Refund issue still pending......

alloway65    10
alloway65

I just hope the seller has been given a specific time limit to make the refund(s)!

qball    10
qball

I have sent the seller a request to refund soonest. If he refuses to honour the request, his account will be restricted.

cyberexchange    10
cyberexchange
If seller refuses to refund, we restrict and remove listings and he cannot sell, therefore cannot derive revenue from sales. At this stage he is not restricted unless he refuses to assist with this issue.

And ????

alloway65    10
alloway65
And ????

I would imagine no news is bad news!

qball    10
qball
I would imagine no news is bad news!

Seller has agreed to refund.

PBGold    10
PBGold

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Saint786    10
Saint786

The seller has agreed to refund by the 25th of this month, will give update once received.

Saint786    10
Saint786

Hi,

Just an update to confirm refund has been received and items returned to seller.