Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Relisting Made Easier......

voldermort    10
voldermort

Would it not be possible when relisting to be able to tick the items you want to relist (much as you do when clearing your tracking list) & do all per page. Would definitely make it much easier than having to edit, relist & go all the way back to the beginning to start all over again.

svw    10
svw

"Great minds think alike" - I was thinking the same thing yesterday instead of clicking each to add to pick list if we could select all on the page and then just tick the odd boxes that we don't want to move over to the pick list much in the same way as the pick list works.

voldermort    10
voldermort

would definitely make relisting much easier than it is at the moment

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

So... select/deselect all buttons at the top of the list like the picklist has now? Or just a select all with the deselect as normal on individual items?

Edited by xdeanh
Just 'cause

voldermort    10
voldermort
So... select/deselect all buttons at the top of the list like the picklist has now? Or just a select all with the deselect as normal on individual items?

No, the picklist terrifies me & I have no idea how to use it :sad2:........far rather it were as the tracking list is eg: 100 items per page, select/deselect items to relist - scroll down the page ticking all the items you need to relist & then have the block saying "are you sure you want to relist these items" etc

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

Alright. So effectively a quick bulk relist function on one or more of the listings lists, then if you wanted to refine relist options (or know how to use it), you would use the picklist.

Sorry if I'm not getting it right. Trying to fully understand the need here.

Edited by xdeanh
Grammer

alloway65    10
alloway65
No, the picklist terrifies me & I have no idea how to use it :sad2:........far rather it were as the tracking list is eg: 100 items per page, select/deselect items to relist - scroll down the page ticking all the items you need to relist & then have the block saying "are you sure you want to relist these items" etc

Hi Sam, I just learned to use the pick list a couple of months ago, and from your explanation of your requirements, to my understanding that's how the pick list works.:unsure:

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I agree with V - there are some features on the pick list that are terrifying. It took me a year to work up the guts to use it. Because there are warnings and very unclear drop down options when wanting to delete items. Which you have to do first when relisting or else the items get duplicated.

I think if the deleting drop down options were clearer (as to what EXACTLY you were deleting) then the pick list wouldn't be as scary...

Hope I'm making sense....:unsure:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Ok so right now what I am doing when relisting is this:

Clicking on relistings (100 per page) - once they come up I then go into edit, relist, save ad & have to go right back to the beginning (My Bid or Buy Page) to do the next one etc etc......there are days when I have +- 500 items to relist so you can imagine the time it takes.

I'm not sure if the pick list does this (via the grapevine I have heard that the chances of duplicating ads when using the pick list is great, another reason I steer away from it) but what I am imagining would be a real time saver would work something like this:

Click relistings - once they come up just scroll down the page ticking those that need to be relisted, once the page is done go up to the top & click Select Relist & they are all relisted at once.........hope this makes sense.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes
Ok so right now what I am doing when relisting is this:

Clicking on relistings (100 per page) - once they come up I then go into edit, relist, save ad & have to go right back to the beginning (My Bid or Buy Page) to do the next one etc etc......there are days when I have +- 500 items to relist so you can imagine the time it takes.

I'm not sure if the pick list does this (via the grapevine I have heard that the chances of duplicating ads when using the pick list is great, another reason I steer away from it) but what I am imagining would be a real time saver would work something like this:

Click relistings - once they come up just scroll down the page ticking those that need to be relisted, once the page is done go up to the top & click Select Relist & they are all relisted at once.........hope this makes sense.

That sounds nice and easy - and also sounds perfect - as long as it doesn't duplicate items. If it just ups the relisting amounts then fantastic and I'd be doing a happy dance every time I relist instead of nervously pick listing!.

The pick list duplicates when you don't delete items off your pick list first. Which is my big hassle with the pick list, it's scary deleting items before they are relisted and I think that's why listings get duplicated - people are afraid to delete them first, even if they still reflect on the pick list.

You put items on the pick list. Then go to pick list. Then delete those items on the pick list. They are still on the pick list but deleted from your store. Then you select all and relist them. It's just a little clumsy, I think... V's relisting way sounds way more user-friendly.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Try opening the relists in new tabs next to the current tab you are working in.

Hold your Ctrl and click on the edit link (or wherever you want to go).

You will see that the edit page will open in a new tab next to the one you're working in.

do the edits you need and relist.

Close the tab.

You can do a whole lot of these at once, sometimes I have up to 50 tabs open at one time.

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

Ok, I'll give you guys the Bulk close/delete trades page. Is a bit off putting to say the least.

As far as duplicating items in the pick list is concerned, that comes from the fact that when you relist from there it doesn't auto close the trades you have selected. So if the trade isn't closed on your pick list... voila, doubles. But the trades should be removed from the picklist after relisting them, so you shouldn't have them sticking around after a relist.

I'll have to chat to Mac when he's in tomorrow, what you guys are asking for is what the picklist is supposed to do:

1) Select items from list to relist

2) Go to pick list and hit relist button

3) Profit!!

If this is not the case, it may mean yet another look at the thing to try and either fix what's there or dumb it down some.

Edited by xdeanh
me dumby

voldermort    10
voldermort
I'll have to chat to Mac when he's in tomorrow, what you guys are asking for is what the picklist is supposed to do:

1) Select items from list to relist

2) Go to pick list and hit relist button

3) Profit!!

If this is not the case, it may mean yet another look at the thing to try and either fix what's there or dumb it down some.

Exactly, that sounds great......but if indeed Mac says this is already available on the picklist than the dumber you can make it, the better (just reading Angela's post re: pick list has left me in a cold sweat) because anything concerned with the picklist is just going over my head :cry:

svw    10
svw
or dumb it down some.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... We don't mind being called dumb

But just to complicate your life a bit more, I think my problem is a bit different to 'V' - I quite enjoy using the picklist what I was suggesting is on the 'closed listing pages'if there was a check box at the top of the page where we could "select all" instead of paging down the page and clicking "add to picklist" next to each item it would save a lot of time ?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Exactly, that sounds great......but if indeed Mac says this is already available on the picklist than the dumber you can make it, the better (just reading Angela's post re: pick list has left me in a cold sweat) because anything concerned with the picklist is just going over my head :cry:

I agree with you on the whole relisting thing / Pick list stress factor...I feel too techno challenged to attempt the pick list ! Now after reading through all the posts I went from feeling like "Silly me I should just go try the pick list" to now feeling like " I am petrified...think I will stay clear of the pick list" ! So ja if anyone would be kind to us with a beginners tut on pick list do's & don'ts I may pluck up the courage to try it !

'

alloway65    10
alloway65

I must say until this thread started I thought I was the only one that was intimidated by the pick list.

When I use the pick list and after listing, I open all listed items under description/price then quickly run through the pages for duplicates, and delete any duplicates.

I try to never have more that 300 listed items but for the sellers with 3000 listings and more it must be quite a nightmare!

BoB for me is a bit of fun not a full time career.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I must say until this thread started I thought I was the only one that was intimidated by the pick list.

When I use the pick list and after listing, I open all listed items under description/price then quickly run through the pages for duplicates, and delete any duplicates.

I try to never have more that 300 listed items but for the sellers with 3000 listings and more it must be quite a nightmare!

BoB for me is a bit of fun not a full time career.

That is the problem for me with the picklist......if you only have a few items up you will be able to see at a glance if there are duplicates but when you have +- 10 000 items up,if you make a bugger up - you make a royal bugger up - imagine having 1000 duplicates!

And as we all know from experience, there are always some happy souls willing to shoot you down for the slightest error.

No, I have no intention of befriending the picklist, far too high tech for me.........I need it dumber :notrust:

voldermort    10
voldermort

any news on dumbing it down?

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

The designers are looking at it now I think. They have a bit of other things still to work on as well, so it might be a while before we see anything interesting coming out.