Sign in to follow this  
Bargain Games

Parcels stuck at JHB International Mail Centre

Bargain Games

It seems at every overseas parcel of mine has been stuck at JHB international Mail Centre.

I never had this problem. Been importing stuff for years now.

I hadn't have any communication from SAPO at all. No notices in the post that they are looking for invoices- NOTHING!

Been sending emails to Corli Steyn, but she does not respond.:unsure:

Anyone here, have a good contact at SAPO I can use to get to this resolved?

I appreciate any help. I am desperate!

Cali Craft and Gems

Go straight on to Hellopeter.com - works wonders! Also leave your opinion on the SA Post Office facebook page.

I recently had an issue with an international parcel being detained unnecessarily and by going online I got the relevant people jumping and I got answers!

Tayama

Thank you Cali Craft and Gems. I am in exactly the same situation. My last parcel arrived on 12 July 2013 from the US and I am still waiting for it to be released. I have spend the last two days on the phone trying to communicate with anyone to get some answers. No answer or I get cut off after a while when it does get answered by a machine. It is ridiculous. Corli Steyn answered one of my many mails and after that no response. What a joke.

Tayama
Also leave your opinion on the SA Post Office facebook page.

I can't seem to find this page on facebook. Is that the exact name of their page on FB - SA Post Office?

Jongleur
Thank you Cali Craft and Gems. I am in exactly the same situation. My last parcel arrived on 12 July 2013 from the US and I am still waiting for it to be released. I have spend the last two days on the phone trying to communicate with anyone to get some answers. No answer or I get cut off after a while when it does get answered by a machine. It is ridiculous. Corli Steyn answered one of my many mails and after that no response. What a joke.

Could you post the telephone number/email address please. I have a problem as well.

Jongleur
Jongleur

JHB Int Mail Centre : 011 961 6000 and email mary.pieterse@postoffice.co.za

JHB Mail Centre (SARS) : 011 390 1962

Good luck

Many thanks.

Jongleur
Jongleur

JHB Int Mail Centre : 011 961 6000 and email mary.pieterse@postoffice.co.za

JHB Mail Centre (SARS) : 011 390 1962

Good luck

Great service from Mary. Sorted out my query with speed and efficiency. Very refreshing in our current

situation with Sapo.

Tayama
Great service from Mary. Sorted out my query with speed and efficiency. Very refreshing in our current

situation with Sapo.

Totally agree with you. She is amazing. My problem is also no more thanks to her.

moodTime

Slightly off topic, I went to collect one of my international parcels on Friday from my post office, parcel was only 20cm x 20cm with a declaration of $10 clearly visible yet customs assigned a custom value of R45000 :sowsuser: customs charge they were wanting was R6300. Didn't pay it and sent it back for re assessment, just hope there is no problems to come.

moodTime
Slightly off topic, I went to collect one of my international parcels on Friday from my post office, parcel was only 20cm x 20cm with a declaration of $10 clearly visible yet customs assigned a custom value of R45000 :sowsuser: customs charge they were wanting was R6300. Didn't pay it and sent it back for re assessment, just hope there is no problems to come.

Well got notification from my post office today that the parcel is back from re assessment at customs - customs charge R20 :amuse: