Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

Why do certain BoB sellers not accept funds transfer by BoB EFT?

alloway65    10
alloway65

Why do certain BoB sellers refuse to accept funds transfer by BoB EFT? It is such a hassle and time consuming to add a new beneficiary for possibly a one time transaction!

For me as a buyer and a seller it is great to have all my transactions in one place, this is also great at year end for the SARS and also for general book keeping purposes!

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Agree ! I also prefer all in one place, so much easier !

qball    10
qball

From the end of last year we made bobPay EFT mandatory for all new sellers.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Very good news........now how about implementation retrospectively.:cool:

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

We are looking into it don't worry. Just a few other things on the plate that are a bit more pressing.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I don't want to use bobpay,

1)I feel it will slow me down,

2) the cash deposit fee is kept by bobpay whether the buyer pays or not,leaving me to appeal after the item has been sent.

2a) also for me personally if my bank charges 11.78 and the buyer has paid 16.50 I will always add a little extra, bobpay just keeps the extra.(adds up huh!)

3) the info on deposits take longer (as mentioned on the forum)

4) I don't want to request payouts everyday

5) I just don't want to be managed...that's why car parkers' irritate me.

Please don't make it mandatory!!

qball    10
qball
I don't want to use bobpay,

1)I feel it will slow me down,

2) the cash deposit fee is kept by bobpay whether the buyer pays or not,leaving me to appeal after the item has been sent.

2a) also for me personally if my bank charges 11.78 and the buyer has paid 16.50 I will always add a little extra, bobpay just keeps the extra.(adds up huh!)

3) the info on deposits take longer (as mentioned on the forum)

4) I don't want to request payouts everyday

5) I just don't want to be managed...that's why car parkers' irritate me.

Please don't make it mandatory!!

Thanks for your feedback. It is mandatory and we won;t be changing that decision, primarily because it benefits buyers more than sellers, that is what all seller should be concerned about, making it easier for their buyers to pay for their purchases.

If you bank with Nedbank and buyer banks with Absa, it can take up to 2 days for the funds to clear, by using bobPay, the buyer can pay into Absa, thus the funds reflect immediately, therefore making it easier for you to confirm the order, track payments on orders and also be able to ship the goods off upon confirmation from us.

Not all banks charge the same, many charge more than R16.50, we have pegged it at that amount to take into account for the other charges by other banks.

Yes, we are charged the cash deposit fee for accepting the cash deposit, therefore we keep the fee to cover our expense of accepting the cash payment.

Point 3, not sure what you are referring to?

You don't have to request funds out evertyday, most sellers make requests on a weekly or monthly basis, thus accumulating funds.

No one is managing you, we are making it easier for buyers to pay you and give more convenience to the buyer, after all prompt payment from their side is all that is important.

HDMI    10
HDMI

Reasons why we prefer bob eft

Thanks for your feedback. It is mandatory and we won;t be changing that decision, primarily because it benefits buyers more than sellers, that is what all seller should be concerned about, making it easier for their buyers to pay for their purchases.

If you bank with Nedbank and buyer banks with Absa, it can take up to 2 days for the funds to clear, by using bobPay, the buyer can pay into Absa, thus the funds reflect immediately, therefore making it easier for you to confirm the order, track payments on orders and also be able to ship the goods off upon confirmation from us.

Not all banks charge the same, many charge more than R16.50, we have pegged it at that amount to take into account for the other charges by other banks.

Yes, we are charged the cash deposit fee for accepting the cash deposit, therefore we keep the fee to cover our expense of accepting the cash payment.

Point 3, not sure what you are referring to?

You don't have to request funds out evertyday, most sellers make requests on a weekly or monthly basis, thus accumulating funds.

No one is managing you, we are making it easier for buyers to pay you and give more convenience to the buyer, after all prompt payment from their side is all that is important.

Thanks to bob eft

By having bob eft, we could keep track of all payments received and dont have to cross check it with banking statements,therefore we save a lot of time.

Say for instance you have an issue with a buyer or seller in 8 or 9 months time,it becomes difficult to trace payments manually and for conflict resollution,it makes it easier.

Furthermore, it makes it easier for bid or buy to trace shill bidders.

We build a better rating too,showing responsibility and in so doing we also learn to save more.

See it from the buyers side too: What if a new seller create items quickly,receives payment and run away with buyers monies.

Rather be safe than sorry.

Lets continue promoting a safer shopping experience online

Hdmi

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I was also very sceptic of the BoBPay system in the beginning. Now I would not use anything else!

I do have one problem, and I did discuss it with Solanche.

As a seller grows, his payout requests gets bigger. Bidorbuy has security measures in place to review bigger payouts.

I am thankful for that, but twice now I had to learn all by myself that a payout was restricted.

Kindly get your IT guys to implement a notification e-mail to the seller once you restrict a big payment, in order to send the proof of ID etc. without any further delays. Thank you in advance.

RISadler    10
RISadler

I don't accept BoBPay, for the simple reason that the agreement one has to enter into with BoB gives them (BoB) a lien against your bank account.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Well, OK. I've enabled BoBpay (and BoBbucks), changed my weird postage rates to a single flat rate ... let's see if sales increase, huh?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

As a seller I am very happy with BoBeft. As a buyer, either option serves equally well for me.

RISadler    10
RISadler
Well, OK. I've enabled BoBpay (and BoBbucks), changed my weird postage rates to a single flat rate ... let's see if sales increase, huh?

Zip sales yet. :sad:

kebs    10
kebs

I was also reluctant to use bobpay's eft.. But once I did, my sales slowly started to increase.. Hang in there!