Sign in to follow this  
soundxpress

Replica antiue postings

soundxpress    10
soundxpress

Hi

I see that lots of replica antiques are advetised in the antique sections. This sort of defeat the object of having an antique ddicated advertising/aictioning space.

Please consider anseperate area for such item, as it causes possible buyers to get upset, as they have to sift through lots of new stuff, while they are actually looking for real antiques.

Regards

Sarel

pin_nacle    10
pin_nacle

Replicas etc

Sarel, I fully agree, I browse the antiques often and get annoyed with all the replicas that are posted. The same applies to fake (replicas) watches, it's so irritating to search for an item and it returns with a list of replicas. A seperate category for these type of items would be much better.

Carol

purps    10
purps

just such a pity that many sellers dont put replica in the title, but rather very small in the description where no one sees it. That way many people also think they are buying an antique only to find it doesnt have much value.

soundxpress    10
soundxpress

Replica antiques

Hi There

I am sure glad to see there are others who share my view regarding replica "antiques". The question is what do we do about this?

I suggest that we who share this view all contact B-O B and ask for this to be changed. Further more, ban people who misleads customers. If you have been short changed due to this, please post a message here!

Cheers

Sarel

Soundxpress

Southerns    10
Southerns

I agree have found it frustrating when looking for something and after wading through all the replicas you find your 5 minutes to late the auction has already closed.

Maybe its own section would be great

pablojani    10
pablojani

Well, the category is "Antiques and Collectables" and lots of people collect replicas simply because they could never afford the genuine article but they like the beauty of the piece.

When it comes to something like Imari plates, there are such things produced today and I would think that the designs are copied from the ancient Imari. I wouldn't expect to see only the genuine antique ones advertised.

Iris Gibson    10
Iris Gibson

I also don't think relica's should be allowed. they are neither abtiques or collectibles.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Modern collectibles should definately have a section of their own. It makes South Africans look like fools who cant distinguish between the old and new. Raises eyebrows overseas :roll: