Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Winter 2013

Cali Craft and Gems

Is it cold? Nah....

It's ****** cold!

Although we had heavy snowfalls on the nearby Swartberg Mountains the first weekend of June (which by yesterday had melted away), we woke up this morning to a frozen birdbath and white frosted grass. The glare towards the mountains is too bright for us to see if there is any additional snow yet, but I should be able to see it on the way to the shop.

Not even our cats want to get up this morning - they're all still huddling in cosy fluffy blankets and are waiting in hope that the gas heater goes on again (which it won't until we get home tonight).

What a way to start a Monday... brrrrrrrr......

YiaYia1

Even us here in Gautengeleng is getting cold. Travelling down to Cape Town this week. Hope I see some snow. KEEP WARM

alloway65

Blue skies but freezing here in Jhb today.

NooNooBug
Is it cold? Nah....

It's ****** cold!

Although we had heavy snowfalls on the nearby Swartberg Mountains the first weekend of June (which by yesterday had melted away), we woke up this morning to a frozen birdbath and white frosted grass. The glare towards the mountains is too bright for us to see if there is any additional snow yet, but I should be able to see it on the way to the shop.

Not even our cats want to get up this morning - they're all still huddling in cosy fluffy blankets and are waiting in hope that the gas heater goes on again (which it won't until we get home tonight).

What a way to start a Monday... brrrrrrrr......

Yip down here near the sea over the pass from you it is freezing this morning ! Had rain over weekend (happy coz the tanks were getting low), and now at lease the wind has gone but oh so cold & damp ! I am sure there must be snow up your way again ! My hens are not impressed at all ! My cat only moves from the bed to his food bowl & back !!

RAG Auctioneers

Wow its cold in JHB since Sunday night.

alloway65
Wow its cold in JHB since Sunday night.

But still lovely sitting in the sun!

Cali Craft and Gems

Just checked the recordings on our weather station and it was 2.1 deg C at 07h23 this morning - coldest so far this year!

Just Beachin

Yeah! It's getting cold here too! I'm thinking about putting on a jersey or something:laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

Just Beachin

Sorry I couldn't resist poking a little fun, but really it is 19 degrees here now:hm:

Cali Craft and Gems

19 degrees? Nice! (in summer that as a minimum is considered cold in this part of the world)

Last time I checked the reading it was 7 deg and dropping. Cats are hogging the gas heater in the lounge and hubby is hogging the heated blanket in bed (along with at least 2 cats). The dog has decided to hog the panel heater in the bedroom but will soon be chased back to her bed in the lounge (mattress with fluffy blankets).

Darn pets - they get to sleep all day in the warm sun whilst we're slaving away at work, and are first in line when we get home for the heater!

Cali Craft and Gems

Bird bath is frozen solid again this morning and the grass is white. Reading this morning was 1.9 deg and is currently 5 deg. My fingers are like iceblocks and I have my work clothes hanging over the heater so at least I don't freeze completely when I have to get dressed for work just now.

At this rate, plain coffee does not do the trick - my hubby and mom add a dash of whiskey to their coffee in the mornings now - then you know it's cold!

NooNooBug

Colder here this morning too ! It is 2,3 degrees at the moment and we are only about 4km from the sea (as the crow flies)...my bones are saying its gonna be a long cold winter ! Anyone up north in warmer parts need help for the next few months? Grass is snow white again ! Dogs don't even run to fence to bark, staying on the stoep rather ! Please Mr Sun, Mr Golden Sun wont you shine on me....can't remember the words, brain frozen,,,

svw
Colder here this morning too ! It is 2,3 degrees at the moment and we are only about 4km from the sea (as the crow flies)...my bones are saying its gonna be a long cold winter ! Anyone up north in warmer parts need help for the next few months? Grass is snow white again ! Dogs don't even run to fence to bark, staying on the stoep rather ! Please Mr Sun, Mr Golden Sun wont you shine on me....can't remember the words, brain frozen,,,

Polokwane this morning was supposed to be 0 degrees, it was very cold but I don't believe that it was as cold as that - usually when we get down to temperatures as low as that I can always see ice on the roof. Dogs were like boomerangs though - I was forced to run outside at 5.30 am to show them that it was not as bad as what they thought it was - needless to say they all made it back inside and had taken over our bed before I could climb back in with a cuppa:sad2:

Jongleur

And the sun will shine if just for you

And the trees will talk to the skies, whispering lies ................. Bee Gees - And the Sun will Shine.

Now where is Sam to join in the chorus ?

voldermort

emptiness is a place you're in

with nothing to lose but no more to win

the sun ain't gonna shine anymore

the moon ain't gonna rise in the sky.......... ♪♫♪♫♪♫

Jongleur
emptiness is a place you're in

with nothing to lose but no more to win

the sun ain't gonna shine anymore

the moon ain't gonna rise in the sky.......... ♪♫♪♫♪♫

Sammykins ! Pray tell how you do the music thingys. Then we can really sing. Been looking for them notes for ages.

Cali Craft and Gems

Spent the day in Mossel Bay and died of the heat! Had two jerseys on due to being freezing cold this side of the mountain only to be met with a berg wind at the coast! Just arrived back in ODN now and am starting to freeze again... time to put at least one jersey back on!

voldermort
Sammykins ! Pray tell how you do the music thingys. Then we can really sing. Been looking for them notes for ages.

♪♫¶↕♪♫

you need to put your num lock on and hold down alt key whilst typing in 13 & 14 on the numeral keypad, wont work on the other one......alternatively just copy & paste :cool:

♪♫♪♪♪♫♫

Jongleur
♪♫¶↕♪♫

you need to put your num lock on and hold down alt key whilst typing in 13 & 14 on the numeral keypad, wont work on the other one......alternatively just copy & paste :cool:

♪♫♪♪♪♫♫

♪♪♪♪ Thank you dear. My 14 wont work. I`ll try later at home.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ☼ ♀ ♂♦♣○♥••◘♠. Ha ! Got it. All the keys have something.

Some funny one`s too asking if I want to leave the page or telling me I have won a trip to Brazil.

voldermort
♪♪♪♪ Thank you dear. My 14 wont work. I`ll try later at home.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ☼ ♀ ♂♦♣○♥••◘♠. Ha ! Got it. All the keys have something.

Some funny one`s too asking if I want to leave the page or telling me I have won a trip to Brazil.

there we go, indeed they do all have something although if you type in eg: 55 it just gives you back 7 :unsure:

would you like to leave the page or go on a trip to Brazil........interesting :bigsmile:

svw

This is one "hot dog" that is not feeling the cold...

581694_533668436653336_197060273_n.jpg.71e0212c9965f46e4f164301ca4d865d.jpg

NooNooBug
Spent the day in Mossel Bay and died of the heat! Had two jerseys on due to being freezing cold this side of the mountain only to be met with a berg wind at the coast! Just arrived back in ODN now and am starting to freeze again... time to put at least one jersey back on!

Have this problem many days ! Laatlammertjie is at school in George so leave home in Artic wear only to arrive at the school and get looked at strangely by the Moms wearing strappy dresses !! Never mind I get into trouble from the Princess coz I said it would be cold and to wear stockings instead of socks !! My bad !

Not1CentMore

An absolutely gorgeous day in this corner of the flat map! 89-degree, nice breeze, not-so-bad humidity.

DSCF0204.jpg.4525c49189583ea235070fa823ddfc19.jpg

Just finished with base coat on living room walls. Methinks it is time to 'chillax' with a cold drink (McDonald's Mocha McCafe) and good book.... with the feet up.... and just enjoy the 'great outdoors'.

Ruthie

YiaYia1

Saw some snow on the mountains driving on the N1. More cold weather for CT. Thought it is going to be warmer in CT

Cali Craft and Gems

This afternoon and evening were unusually warm in ODN - quite nice IF you were outside - inside was still freezing cold in the shop!

Trying my best to twist hubby's arm in going to Cape Town for the weekend... it's going to take a lot of twisting and persuasion to get it right. Any ideas or hints that may work?