Sign in to follow this  
admin

Mandelas-condition-serious-this-time

kyle2    10
kyle2

I Had the good fortune to be sent to his residence a couple of months ago to repair the irrigation pump system. I did ask how he was and the staff at his house all seem to play his illness down quite a lot. However one staff member did say he was permanently bed-ridden and hardly said a word. I personally think that this is probably the last year we will have the great man amongst us.:unsure: I did find it rather disappointing to see all the media vans camped outside his house like a bunch of vultures.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I was priviledged to briefly meet Mandela when I came to South Africa in 2006.

Mandela has Griqua heritage which he has referred to publicly in the past.

My meeting was shortly before I launched my book "Children of the Mist" about the Griqua people.

My thoughts are with him... but I have to say for a 94 year old who spent 25 years on Robben Island breaking stones he epitomises what Frank Sinatra sung in his song "I did it my way"...

The Rock and Rainbow of RSA

Scott

republikein    10
republikein
My thoughts are with him... but I have to say for a 94 year old who spent 25 years on Robben Island breaking stones he epitomises what Frank Sinatra sung in his song "I did it my way.

It seems as if hard labour prolongs one's life. I need to be more often in the garden!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Not many of us live to Mandela's ripe old age.

The Lord gave him back all the years he spent in prison and maybe more

He has run the race,a good and faithful servant.