Sign in to follow this  
muhammedm786

I feel deeply hurt..

muhammedm786    10
muhammedm786

I joined bidorbuy today seeing that I saw a great buy and I therefore joined. I asked the seller an question and he replied saying my courier could collect provided I have funds available. I then placed bis on 2 items he had and deerly wanted the macboob pro core i7 (MacBook Pro - Apple MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Core i7 2.3GHz/8GB/256GB SSD/Retina Display ((MINT CONDITION)) was sold for R14,200.00 on 5 Jun at 22:07 by WealthByDesign1979 in Cape Town (ID:102192707))

Above item sold at half market price and I considered it to be a good deal. He repeatedly deleted my bids(more than 10 times).

Am I being wrong here since I really wanted the item,but the seller deleted my bids?? Is this norm by bidorbuy sellers or are we not allowed to bid on wednesday auctions?

I am deeply dissapointed in my first experience on bidorbuy. I've been recommended by friends and family,but surely things did not work out as I planned

BARAKALLAH

May the blessings of Allah (be upon you)

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
I joined bidorbuy today seeing that I saw a great buy and I therefore joined. I asked the seller an question and he replied saying my courier could collect provided I have funds available. I then placed bis on 2 items he had and deerly wanted the macboob pro core i7 (MacBook Pro - Apple MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Core i7 2.3GHz/8GB/256GB SSD/Retina Display ((MINT CONDITION)) was sold for R14,200.00 on 5 Jun at 22:07 by WealthByDesign1979 in Cape Town (ID:102192707))

Above item sold at half market price and I considered it to be a good deal. He repeatedly deleted my bids(more than 10 times).

Am I being wrong here since I really wanted the item,but the seller deleted my bids?? Is this norm by bidorbuy sellers or are we not allowed to bid on wednesday auctions?

I am deeply dissapointed in my first experience on bidorbuy. I've been recommended by friends and family,but surely things did not work out as I planned

BARAKALLAH

Some sellers are wary of first time buyers.

If you have friends and family on Bidorbuy who are sellers then buy something from them fictitiously and get a few ratings

If the items are low cost the commission will not be much. Do not take it too personally

And don't quote me

:awesome:

Edited by geewhizz

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I am 'thinking' that your bids were deleted because you are a first time Buyer w/no ratings. 'Some' Sellers are a tad wary of new Buyers having been 'burned' a time or three; bid/win/bale. (Personally, I have been 'burned' by both 'newbies' and 'old hats' and feel it is not as much a 'rating' issue as it is a 'character' issue.) IMHO, every Buyer (and Seller) should be trusted to do the right thing until they have proven they don't do the right thing.

I am also 'thinking' that this is 'frowned upon' by BoB. I mean, good golly, gee whiz.... were we all not new at one time:confused:d

Ruthie

voldermort    10
voldermort

BARAKALLAH

Whether you are a first time buyer or whether you have 5000 ratings you have the right to bid on items without them bn deleted.

Cuan made it quite clear on the forum some time ago that willy nilly deleting of bids would not be tolerated, therefore I suggest you phone Bid or Buy 0861 88 0861 and tell them what happened. Obviously this particular item is now sold so you would not be able to purchase it but at least this seller will think twice before doing this to anybody else in the future.

If memory serves you can only delete a bid if you have dealt with the buyer before & they did not pay/if there was a mistake in the listing of the article/if the buyer has asked for their bid to be deleted.

Hopefully you will find as you continue to make purchases on Bid or Buy that not all sellers are so against new buyers - which all of us were at some time, although some tend to forget that fact.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

As a seller I have to say that I can understand the bids being deleted given the fact that you are a newbie & the item is high priced, however I also believe in giving newbies a fair chance to bid on items or buy items, AND PAY for them ! How else are the newbies expected to build their ratings ? I do not think you should go the route of fictitious buying just to get ratings, I think that is wrong on many levels and will just start you off on bad footing for a hopefully long & fruitful BoB relationship. Do it the right way from the start. Sorry your first experience has been marred but don't let it stop you trying again ! I agree too that you should contact BoB to give them the details to investigate. Have a good day !

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

Looking at that seller's ratings, perhaps you're better off not having won the item...

I would not hand over R14 000 of my money to someone who has only 39 positive ratings out of 50 in the last month.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Plus this particular seller revenge rates for poor ratings received... not acceptable! :(

svw    10
svw

BARAKALLAH

It was wrong of the seller to repeatedly delete your bid - we were all new once. But in retrospect you have been lucky - the sellers ratings are not fantastic and their after sales service is questionable. In future I would advise before getting caught up in the "thrill" of winning an auction or even purchasing a buy now, make a point of checking any future sellers ratings - there are enough sellers out there who are more than willing to help a 'newbie'. Another thing to check before bidding or purchasing is the shipping costs - not all sellers charge the same. Good Luck and happy 'bidding' or 'buying'...

qball    11
qball

The seller in question has received a warning for bid deletion without a valid reason.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I have formed many a great relationship with "Newbies", and have only been so lucky to have them as returning patrons, I wish I could put up a sign that said "Newbies Welcome!", cause I don't mind walking them through the maze until they are confident in what they are doing. All I can say on behalf of us compassionate sellers. Muhammedm786....sorry . Come check out my shop.......(was that wrong???):unsure:

P.S Looks to me like you dodged a bullet:bigsmile:

Edited by Just Beachin

svw    10
svw
I have formed many a great relationship with "Newbies", and have only been so lucky to have them as returning patrons, I wish I could put up a sign that said "Newbies Welcome!", cause I don't mind walking them through the maze until they are confident in what they are doing. All I can say on behalf of us compassionate sellers. Muhammedm786....sorry . Come check out my shop.......(was that wrong???):unsure:

P.S Looks to me like you dodged a bullet:bigsmile:

:bigsmile:... How about some coffee and cake thrown into the mix - you'll have some of us 'oldies' there in a flash...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I have formed many a great relationship with "Newbies" and wish I could put up a sign that said "Newbies Welcome!"

Ditto. Everyone has to learn to crawl before they can learn to walk before they can learn to run.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

JANDS    10
JANDS

How does something grow if freshness is not added? We all started on zero.

captain emo    11
captain emo

I do not buy the seller wary of new buyers arguement.

I means whats the worst that happens to the seller. Lets look at the possibilities.

1) Buyer yanks his chain and doesn't pay. Seller files a SNC and isn't out of pocket as he/she would not send the item without payment.

2) Buyer pays the amount but not the shipping fees. Seller doesn't send the product until full payment is made and worst case scenario a SNC has to be issued. No one out of pocket.

3) Buyer gets product and is unahppy. He has to send product back at his own cost. Seller is not out of pocket

If anything a newbie buyer has more reason to be wary, especially given the amount involved as he has no previous experience to go on to know whether buying through BoB is actually safe or not. I am not trying to turn this into a sellers versus buyers arguement, I am merely saying that one needs to look at both points of view.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Captain

I agree with most of what is written above, but please remember that the seller could be out of pocket - listing fees are not refundable when the SNC is successful.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

captain emo    11
captain emo
Hello Captain

I agree with most of what is written above, but please remember that the seller could be out of pocket - listing fees are not refundable when the SNC is successful.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Quite correct. I overlooked those and concede that the seller could be out of pocket for listing fees. If the same buyer is trying repeatedly to bid on a product though the chances are that he/she actually wants the product and is not just yanking your chain. Chain yankers tend to come in with a bid of a reasonably high value but not so high as to appear clearly ridicilous and then they bail or they respond that they were just bidding for the hell of it and didnt expect to win. I personally think such individuals are the lowest of the low. Wish sellers had a means to recover listing fees from people who win auctions but have no intention of ever paying.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Wish sellers had a means to recover listing fees from people who win auctions but have no intention of ever paying.

Methinks BUYERS who bid/win/bale should be responsible for paying listing promo / enhancement fees. A time, two or six of getting nothing (whatever they bid/baled on) for something (money outta their pocket) and THEY might think before hitting the bid button.

:idea:How 'bout if these same bid/win/bale folk pay FVF's too?!?! BoB would not lose money and BoB and Seller wouldn't have the aggravation of all the SNC 'hoopla'. Perhaps Buyer should be required to register a bank account or debit/credit card (as do Sellers) when they sign up and if they bid/win/bale, when a SNC is filed for non-payment.... BoB collects the fees from THEM.

Yeah, BoB, I know this ain't gonna happen, but, as they say down heeeeaaaah, it sure is something to 'roll around between the ears'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore