Sign in to follow this  
Tulley

Wow! What a sale.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I suppose this coin and other similar coins came from the special coin sets issued by the SA Mint to celebrate the Great Mans 90th Birthday.

If this coin was bought as an ''investment'' I wonder if the buyer will ever make a profit?

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

Why can't I get some of whatever it is that those guys who are buying those coins are smoking? :)

alloway65    10
alloway65

Either way they must have money to burn...also the coin was graded by one of the lesser known coin Grading companies.

Solcoin    10
Solcoin

GENUGTIG !!!:confused: If there are still so many stupid people out there willing to spend such huge amount of money on all the Mandela coins ...makes me think maybe we should start the " KUBUS" scheme again !!! ( the "vrot" milk thing from the 80's)

It confuses me to think that someone intelligent enough to accumulate such an amount of cash could spend/invest it in such a foolish manner !?! WTF

voldermort    10
voldermort
It confuses me to think that someone intelligent enough to accumulate such an amount of cash could spend/invest it in such a foolish manner !?! WTF

No intelligence is needed to inherit money.....or to win money, remember the guy who won 5 million on the lottery and 2 years later he was broke :shock: that is why 9 times out of 10 you will find that the folks who actually work for their money are very careful where they spend it

alloway65    10
alloway65

As the old saying goes......''look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves''!!!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
About 99.99% of lottery winners end up POORER after 5 years after receiving their money.

They virtually all loose all of it.

The lottery is geared for people who are destined for nothing ...

How the Lives of 10 Lottery Millionaires went Disastrously Wrong | money.co.uk

David Baldacci wrote a magnificent novel on the subject called "Winners". Well worth reading.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Made a decision about 10 years back not to waste my money on lotto, have not faltered ! I get quite sad seeing people queing to spend money they don't really have to buy tickets regularly to win nothing ! They get all excited to win R100 forgetting that it cost them a helluva lot more !