Sign in to follow this  
Die Smitswinkel

Buyer not collecting

Die Smitswinkel    10
Die Smitswinkel

I don't really know where to post this, because it shouldn't happen and I don't think this is a common problem, but I need input please. In April I sold an old wash table to a buyer with over 13000 transactions. She paid promptly, but is not collecting and does not reply to my attempts to contact her.

I'd like to get the item out of my way or will have to start charging storage fees. What to do?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Hi

Had the same problem last year. Buyer paid, no communication and item sat waiting for courier for several months until after numerous emails, phone calls and no joy I sent an email saying that if it wasn't collected by a certain date that would be left with no choice but to relist & resell to defray storage costs. I also emailed BoB support with details who emailed the Buyer at the same time. Miracle they responded the same day, arranged pick up within the week ! Silly question...when you email do you do it via your sales page with messages to buyer or use their email address and send from your emails? I think sometimes the sales page one looks too similar so buyers don't take note or read properly!? If buyer has been making purchases since yours then probably hasn't noted emails of importance ! Too many purchases and the emails get swallowed !

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Have you tried contacting her by telephone? If this, too, is unsuccessful I suggest you contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and ask them to contact her and advise her to contact you immediately.

There are cases where unforeseen circumstances arise and if this buyer (with over 13 000 transactions) is being tardy, I am inclined to think she's either ill, out of the country or some other unexpected circumstance has arisen.

Good luck in contacting her with Bid or Buy!

Die Smitswinkel    10
Die Smitswinkel
... Silly question...when you email do you do it via your sales page with messages to buyer or use their email address and send from your emails? I think sometimes the sales page one looks too similar so buyers don't take note or read properly!? If buyer has been making purchases since yours then probably hasn't noted emails of importance ! Too many purchases and the emails get swallowed !

I have actually tried both ways for that exact reason.

Die Smitswinkel    10
Die Smitswinkel

I've not tried to phone too many times, tried twice a while ago, but no answer - will give this one last try. Thanks!

Kit W    10
Kit W
I have actually tried both ways for that exact reason.

I have a similar buyer who has paid and gone overseas for a few weeks. The item will no doubt be returned to me and he will have to pay extra shipping when he gets back!!

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers
I don't really know where to post this, because it shouldn't happen and I don't think this is a common problem, but I need input please. In April I sold an old wash table to a buyer with over 13000 transactions. She paid promptly, but is not collecting and does not reply to my attempts to contact her.

I'd like to get the item out of my way or will have to start charging storage fees. What to do?

An annoying problem we have to put up with every month.

After weeks of no communication or collection, a last resort is a SNC - saying you are reselling the item, and the buyer will be refunded once he contacts you.

This usually gets their attention.......... :ninja:

Die Smitswinkel    10
Die Smitswinkel

OK, that's it. I have sent a PM on the forum, left voice message, mailed and sent message via sales page and no reply. Thanks for everybody's input, I'll be relisting this item and filing an SNC.