Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

A Snowy Cape Town

voldermort    10
voldermort

Cape Town today, be it snow, hail or sleet it is the first time I have ever seen this down here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4658[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4660[/ATTACH]

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Amazing ! 30 degrees plus here today in Durbs!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Finally.... warm-ish weather; 73-degrees. Still on the 'cool' side for this time of year, but will take this over brrrrr any day of the week.

Ruthie

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I can feel the cold coming this way already :sad:. Did you make a snow angel yet? If it snows in Pretoria again this year, hopefully I can make one - wearing my shades.:cool: Last year the snow only lasted for about 15mins:meh:.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Why cant it snow in our area so the people can be some of my coats:embarrest:

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Cape Town today, be it snow, hail or sleet it is the first time I have ever seen this down here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4658[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4660[/ATTACH]

Yip...feeling that icy wind up the coast from you, here on the Garden Route !

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Snow in Cape Town ? The end is nigh.

alloway65    10
alloway65

We have a lovely day in Johannesburg......let me go and catch a winter tan!!!!!:smile:

voldermort    10
voldermort

speaking to family in Greece & what should be +- 30 degree weather seeing as they have just started summer is apparently all of 14 degrees - never mind that Germany is about to sail right off the compass :oh:

and here is a pic of the snow/hail/sleet - all I can say is that if you were to throw that at somebody you would be liable to brain them.........

hands.JPG.6fa396ad914e1f54639b30b1d432e498.JPG

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Oh my word...now I understand why my folks, who live in CT, where saying their garden is wrecked ! Surely the plants, animals & people can't take being pelted by those ! Serious stuff !

alloway65    10
alloway65

A good weapon for non paying buyers...when the snow/ice melts there will be no evidence.:sneaky:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Oh my word...now I understand why my folks, who live in CT, where saying their garden is wrecked ! Surely the plants, animals & people can't take being pelted by those ! Serious stuff !

correct - the area where we are has literally hundreds of palm trees - today the pavements/gutters etc were strewn with the leaves from these trees

voldermort    10
voldermort
A good weapon for non paying buyers...when the snow/ice melts there will be no evidence.:sneaky:

shades of the lady a few years back who whacked her husband over the head with a frozen leg of lamb, proceeded to roast it & fed it to the police who came to investigate :twisted:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
speaking to family in Greece & what should be +- 30 degree weather seeing as they have just started summer is apparently all of 14 degrees - never mind that Germany is about to sail right off the compass :oh:

and here is a pic of the snow/hail/sleet - all I can say is that if you were to throw that at somebody you would be liable to brain them.........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4661[/ATTACH]

Just the right shape to fit into a glass of Klipdrift and Coke.

Pierre_Henri    10
Pierre_Henri

10 uit 10 Jongleur ...

Eish - met ys is dit nie?

voldermort    10
voldermort

tsk tsk tsk sangomie & PH - as any true South African would know it is called Klippies & Cola......if you ask for a lardy da "Klipdrift and Coke please" you will automatically be looked upon as a tourist

svw    10
svw
tsk tsk tsk sangomie & PH - as any true South African would know it is called Klippies & Cola......if you ask for a lardy da "Klipdrift and Coke please" you will automatically be looked upon as a tourist

Klippies & Cola in the most Southern Tip of SA as you get midway it becomes Klipdrift and Coke and by the time you reach our part of the world it becomes a classy 'Brandy and Coke' with the choice of straight up or diet...

voldermort    10
voldermort
Klippies & Cola in the most Southern Tip of SA as you get midway it becomes Klipdrift and Coke and by the time you reach our part of the world it becomes a classy 'Brandy and Coke' with the choice of straight up or diet...

sangomie, I dont think you are midway, are you putting on airs? :sneaky:

svw    10
svw

... 'sangomie' is a Blue Bulls supporter - need I say more :whistling:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Were I a drinking man I would prefer something more classy. I have heard great things

said about Paarl Perle, Libertas and other great vintages. Cheap too.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
... 'sangomie' is a Blue Bulls supporter - need I say more :whistling:

Ha ! Let me steer you gently in the right direction dear. A winning Blue Bulls team supporter. With

2 games in hand, 2 points adrift of the top of the log, who will play a home semi - final followed by

a home final and victory for the fourth time in the Super Rugby series. Napoleon brandy type of

team.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Although it is bitterly cold in most parts of the Cape, nothing beats what we have on our doorstep at present:

Links courtesy of one of the local residents and our local paper:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151422833347327.1073741835.734857326&type=1&l=c2e42b0cad

Oudtshoorn Courant | Sneeu op die Swartbergpas

Last night / this morning was three degrees - and it does not feel all that bad - even the birdbath was not frozen, but the next two nights are due to hit a high of 1 degree... if we're lucky!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It is bitterly cold this morning with a strong wind blowing. Winter has officially arrived in time for the Grahamstown Arts Festival which starts in a couple of weeks time ...

Would be nice if we could have some snow - not just some paltry dirty snowflakes as in the past.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4661[/ATTACH]

Add some aanmaak koeldrank and you have Slushpuppy :cool:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Meanwhile in Cape Town

58f5a749310e4_CapeTownSnow.jpg.8c12ab86e6c79e5950bedd3fd9a4714a.jpg