Sign in to follow this  
geewhizz

I Got the fright of my life

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I was standing in the kitchen when lightning struck and tripped our electricity

I saw a big ball of light in the kitchen and heard one hell of a bang.

I think I am lucky to be alive

Cape Town rarely sees lightning but I grew up in Pretoria and my mother used to close all the windows and doors and make us sit in what we called the lobby:shock::bigsmile:

Edited by geewhizz

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
I was standing in the kitchen when lightening struck and tripped our electricity

Cape Town rarely sees lightening but I grew up in Pretoria and my mother used to close all the windows and doors and make us sit in what we called the lobby:shock::bigsmile:

Nobody cares that I was almost struck by lightning

voldermort    10
voldermort

I care Pammy :smile: but I also almost got zapped taking some of my snowy pics......actually I think there was more lightning Saturday & Sunday than we usually have in a whole year

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Please you missed the final strike geewizz. Remember the fear my Mom had for Highveld thunder and lightning. Covering mirrors. We were not allowed to answer the phone either during a storm

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
Please you missed the final strike geewizz. Remember the fear my Mom had for Highveld thunder and lightning. Covering mirrors. We were not allowed to answer the phone either during a storm

I also woke up sunday night around 12,40 with a huge crash and bang,jumped out of bed ,could not see what made that noise,except for some pretty close lightning strikes and lots of thunder.

Monday morning i saw a huge branch from one of my tree had crashed down onto the corner of my house,not inflicting too much damage except for a few broken tiles ,but....it took out my overhead telephone lines ,so i now have no home telephone or adsl at all.

And now to clear the tree and then wait for telkom of course....

So if anyone phones my home number and gets no reply i am still here ,dont worry ,just use my cell number please or email as i have mtn fastlink as well to use so still on line thankfully

And Pam i do care ,

Neil

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I was standing in the kitchen when lightning struck and tripped our electricity

Cape Town rarely sees lightning but I grew up in Pretoria and my mother used to close all the windows and doors and make us sit in what we called the lobby:shock::bigsmile:

Wow. Your home should be earthed to ground so it is unlikely that you will

be harmed. Maybe an opportunity to sell lightning conductors on BoB. Just in case.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Nobody cares that I was almost struck by lightning

Miserable lot. I care.

So, if I buy something from you I want care discount. Deal ?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear, Pam. I care! I just haven't been at the computer and have only just read your post. Hope you survived the ordeal.

I also hope that you don't end up having to have the house re-wired!

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Miserable lot. I care.

So, if I buy something from you I want care discount. Deal ?

When are you going to buy something from me so that you can see for yourself how much I care for my buyers:cool:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
When are you going to buy something from me so that you can see for yourself how much I care for my buyers:cool:

When you list an antique Japanese Tansu, an antique Stomps Burkhardt saddle seat chair and any antique

Japanese lacquered item.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
When you list an antique Japanese Tansu, an antique Stomps Burkhardt saddle seat chair and any antique

Japanese lacquered item.

\

If you buy 1 coin or 20 coins you only pay 1 postage R25.

Do you really want those coins--Both 1938???Any dates I can add free of charge to make the postage worthwhile??:biggrin:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
\

If you buy 1 coin or 20 coins you only pay 1 postage R25.

Do you really want those coins--Both 1938???Any dates I can add free of charge to make the postage worthwhile??:biggrin:

Any dates are fine. My daughter loves the little birds (I think they are Robins). The others I buy for date of birth for my wife and I and

the children, Granny and Grandpa etc. Grandpa just happens to be a 1938 vintage. For these reasons I must have the worlds strangest coin

collection. The same dates over and over. And I collect crowns for their size. Somehow they just feel like more money.

Edited by Jongleur

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Any dates are fine. My daughter loves the little birds (I think they are Robins). The others I buy for date of birth for my wife and I and

the children, Granny and Grandpa etc. Grandpa just happens to be a 1938 vintage. For these reason I must have the worlds strangest coin

collection. The same dates over and over. And I collect crowns for their size. Somehow they just feel like more money.

I love those crowns

My Aunt used to always give us each a crown for Christmas with other gifts.

We had one of those metal piggy banks and had to save it. The bank held the key.

My sister and I once broke them open and were in trouble with mother.