Sign in to follow this  
svw

Facebook profiles cloned

svw    10
svw

One of the latest cloning scams on social media - nothing like a hacker notifying all your contacts and telling them that you are experiencing financial difficulty to please deposit money into "your/hacker's" bank account - click on following link to read:- Facebook profiles cloned

voldermort    10
voldermort

this has been going on for sometime already, what they dont mention though is that the only way to clone your fb profile is to create a new, cloned fb account with all your contacts and that can only be done by sending individual friendship requests to your contacts.....which beggars the question - why on earth would anybody with even half a brain cell accept a friendship request from somebody who is already their facebook friend? but as this cloning is taking place, it seems indeed that there are people who would :suspicious:

snopes.com: Facebook Pirates

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
One of the latest cloning scams on social media - nothing like a hacker notifying all your contacts and telling them that you are experiencing financial difficulty to please deposit money into "your/hacker's" bank account - click on following link to read:- Facebook profiles cloned

Anyone older than 12 should`nt be on FB. Have to be 18 to have a bank account.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Anyone older than 12 should`nt be on FB. Have to be 18 to have a bank account.

thats alright then, I am only 11

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
thats alright then, I am only 11

I keep on getting a voice recorded message on my cell from someone named "Gabla". The same message

for about 3 weeks now. She says she saw me on FB and I look kinda cute (she sounds American). Now this is

true, of course, but then she gabbles on about all kinds of other crap. Strange thing is I don`t have and never have had FB.

Wifelet says if she gets hold of her she is going to "moer her sat". This, sadly, is also true.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I look kinda cute OR she sounds American

Which one is true?

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Which one is true?

Cute; most certainly. American; probably. I have learned to cope over the years but it has been extremely difficult at times.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Cute; most certainly. American; probably. I have learned to cope over the years but it has been extremely difficult at times.

that's what happens when you are a cutie pie :sneaky:

svw    10
svw
why on earth would anybody with even half a brain cell accept a friendship request from somebody who is already their facebook friend? but as this cloning is taking place, it seems indeed that there are people who would :suspicious:

snopes.com: Facebook Pirates

My eighty year old mother !!! She recently got herself a laptop and has driven me up the wall trying to teach her how to use it - in fact I have climbed so many walls now I could have walked all the way, climbed Mt Kilimanjaro and be back home by now. To make matters even worse I set her up with facebook "thought it would be nice for her to be in contact with all her friends" - little did I know that I was unleashing a 'facebook frankengranny' she finds it more amusing to tag into all the grandchildren's pages from about three years back :shock:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

About ten days ago I got a warning that someone was trying to access my FB profile and was trying to change my password - location was somewhere in America.

I changed my password and got an email notification of the change as well as the "log" of my IP address, etc.

Did a search for my name and there is only one other person registered and the elderly woman is in Australia, so I'm pretty much unique! :)

(unless I do a search on my maiden name then I am "duplicated")

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
My eighty year old mother !!! She recently got herself a laptop and has driven me up the wall trying to teach her how to use it - in fact I have climbed so many walls now I could have walked all the way, climbed Mt Kilimanjaro and be back home by now. To make matters even worse I set her up with facebook "thought it would be nice for her to be in contact with all her friends" - little did I know that I was unleashing a 'facebook frankengranny' she finds it more amusing to tag into all the grandchildren's pages from about three years back :shock:

Grannies can be real menace. Ours is on BBM with the kids. What are you having for supper. Open the gate - I`m outside.

Bring this and bring that. Come and fetch me. Tell Lenny to braai tonight. It drives us scatty.

RISadler    10
RISadler
... anybody with even half a brain cell ... facebook ...

I really doubt if there's even that much on facebook ... all users combined! :nuts:

Cali Craft and Gems
Grannies can be real menace. Ours is on BBM with the kids. What are you having for supper. Open the gate - I`m outside. Bring this and bring that. Come and fetch me. Tell Lenny to braai tonight. It drives us scatty.

We attempted to employ a young woman (18) a few months ago (old friend from PE's eldest daughter who could not get work in PE) - her grandmother lived on the cellphone with her (BBM) and eventually told me where I could get off and demanded that her granddaughter be returned to PE immediately. My mom had to go to PE so took the teen back and the grandmother (real battleaxe to put it extremely politely) proceeded to give my mom hell on how crap I am, how I am a common s-lut, a piece of uneducated rubbish I am, etc - screaming at the top of her lungs in public - this from someone who IS common and who lives in an unpleasant suburb.

Ultimately that was the last straw and I will never help that family again! A 25 year friendship down the drain - we rented our old PE house to them at a reduced rental because they were "desperate and struggling" only for them to disappear without the notice period, got a fully paid holiday to Oudtshoorn last winter (mother and two kids), she got my entire old wardrobe of clothes (year's worth) and we took them shopping for clothes too. This year we helped the eldest teen - we paid to get her here, took her shopping for a new "working" wardrobe, gave her full board and lodging over and above a salary, bought her vitamins and meds (she was ill), etc only to be on the receiving end of an attitude problem! Never again!

Now that was / is a grandmother from hell who just loves the cellphone! (and gambling, and partying, etc)

RISadler    10
RISadler

'Scuse me, what's BBM? :huh:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
'Scuse me, what's BBM? :huh:

Bound to Blacken your Mood.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Oh! You mean those deranged lunatic idiots who are so envious of everybody else, that they're constantly saying derogatory things. So they got their own acronym for their disease now. Oh, how precious! :laugh:

Cali Craft and Gems

Black Berry Messaging

Thank heavens I don't have a BB and sure don't want one either. Several people have been nagging me to "get with it" and use this Whatsup thingy (or whatever). Bought hubby a new cellphone about two months ago then he decided it was "too fancy" for him and I have not yet had the chance to play with it to see if I could use it instead of my E5. Only use a phone for calls, sms' and random photos.

RISadler    10
RISadler
Black Berry Messaging

Oh. I thought it was a Blackberry, which would make it BM or (if we were German) BlaM. Well, live and learn.

Yes, I've seen those people typing away on those little keyboards ... but no complete works of Shakespeare yet!