Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

New items with defects

Maverick

I sell a lot of new items that have some defects and the problem is that BoB does not have an option for listing an item as new - with defects.

I can therefore only list it as new and specify the defects in the description.

This sometimes causes a problem where buyers just see new and bid without reading the description and when they receive the item they want to know why there is a defect.

Has it been proposed before to include a standard listing description of new - with defects like Ebay?

Also, I was told the other day by a BoB staff member that they dont allow new items to be sold on the site that have defects. That is crazy, as anything should be allowed to be sold unless it is illegal to do so and as long as the item is properly described. Has anyone else heard of this before?

svw

It would help because I deal a lot with handbags and when buying in bulk from the factories if there are ones with any threads that have not been snipped off or a seam sewn slightly skew they are classified as factory rejects many are branded labels but because of the defects the brand will reject them - there is a provision on e-bay for this where you can fill in what the defects are - I find many people are happy to buy a handbag with loose threads it is easy for them to snip them off but when you have about 1000 handbags like this I certainly don't have the time to sit and trim off loose threads...

Maverick

Have you ever heard that you are not allowed to sell new items on BoB that have defects?

I was told this the other day by one of the BoB staff.........that's ridiculous!!

NooNooBug

Maybe put something like "read description for possible defects" as part of your Heading ? If they then choose not to read that is there prob as you have made it clear there are defects.

RAG Auctioneers

We sell tons of shop soiled stuff. (New - but slight defects)

Great idea.