Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

I have noticed of late when one is asked a question and one answers, these s

alloway65    10
alloway65

I have noticed of late when one is asked a question and one answers, these show up under question reminders on the sellers selling page, but when additional questions are asked by the buyer, these don't show as additional question reminders and one has to rely on the e mail notification(s)....which can be overlooked!!!

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I got caught out on that already ! Now I go to questions if I have recently answered a question just to be sure I didn't get a further one ! Could be a problem for those who get lots of questions !

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

Alright, I'm getting a bit lost here. Might be all the random exclamations but I digress....

So the situation is a user asks a question, the little 'Buyers Questions to Answer on Open Items' on the seller page shows one.

You go in and answer question, little 'Buyer Question' number now is zero.

Buyer now asks new question, little 'Buyer Question' number stays zero?

If I'm losing it please tell me

alloway65    10
alloway65
Alright,

So the situation is a user asks a question, the little 'Buyers Questions to Answer on Open Items' on the seller page shows one.

You go in and answer question, little 'Buyer Question' number now is zero.

Buyer now asks new question, little 'Buyer Question' number stays zero?

This is exactly the problem.

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

Alright, I have looked, tested, relooked and retested. That little number thing should show the amount of questions open to be answered. The only time it doesn't update is when you keep the page open and don't refresh.

I know this sounds like the dumb dumb solution, but the count doesn't update on the fly when a new question comes in. That's what the email notifications are for. So you would have to refresh the page to keep that number up to date.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Thanks........I will try the refresh method when I next get multiple questions about the same item.

cp27    10
cp27
Alright, I have looked, tested, relooked and retested. That little number thing should show the amount of questions open to be answered. The only time it doesn't update is when you keep the page open and don't refresh.

I know this sounds like the dumb dumb solution, but the count doesn't update on the fly when a new question comes in. That's what the email notifications are for. So you would have to refresh the page to keep that number up to date.

I Just now had a question and the no display 1, once I answered, it went back to 0. I have now received an update, it comes thru on e-mail but if I refresh or even sign out and later sign in again it still shows 0.

Edited by cp27

xdeanh    10
xdeanh
I Just now had a question and the no display 1, once I answered, it went back to 0. I have now received an update, it comes thru on e-mail but if I refresh or even sign out and later sign in again it still shows 0.

My apologise for talking out of parts unknown. I was looking at a seller where the buyer was asking new questions all the time, not updating a previously asked one.

And yup, we don't update the status of the question to 'unanswered' when a buyer updates their question. I'll get that fixed up today, or try to, and let MacMac know.

UPDATE:

Although it's not retroactive... if anyone updates their question to you guys you should see it not only in the little number thingy, but in your unanswered questions list as well.

Edited by xdeanh