Sign in to follow this  
Solcoin

Mandela signed books

Jacques Kuun
is Lily's above statement correct?

In my opinion 100% correct. Let us bypass the system.

Jacques Kuun

Please Cuan.

Is this a loophole in your system?

Keep well an regards

Jacques

qball

There is no policy that says you cannot have conditions attached to the auction. The seller has been approached about the R5000 fee and will pay commission on it (as a prompt). If you do not agree to the R5000 certificate charge, then don't bid.

Jacques Kuun

Hello Cuan

Thanks for clearing that up.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hello Cuan

Thanks for clearing that up.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Still pretty unclear to me!

Seller states in listing "all signatures have been verified authentic and we have certified certificates in uk available at r...... extra"

ON the listing no scan is given of the certificate.So where is the certifcate if said item is already authenticated?

NOW THE PROBLEM IS THIS!!are these certifcates printed on demand or were they issued with the item being listed.Please note any reputable certificate is only issued for a specific item only,and are not generalised or transferable to another item at all.

A photograph is taken and placed on the certificate for the item being certified and anyone can then see it is that partcular signature or item being certified!!!

One cant have a general certificate saying that this mandela signature is authentic and then just issue them with any mandela signature.

Then any certificate already done for that specific item and not taken by the client is not transferable to another signed item and would have no use to the seller?Having paid for that certificate that would be money written off and wasted?and having no use for that certifcate(supposedly)then the seller may as well be nice and give it to the buyer for FREE!!!OR TO AUTHENTICATE HIS STATEMENT THAT THE SIGNATURE IS GENUINE!!

I dont know,just does not make sense to me how this is being presented,

Maybe mr bucks and gems can explain how these terms and certificates work.

OH,sorry if i am not bidding i am not worth an explanation and must move on so another moron can bid!!

I am genuinely puzzled ,i have just never seen anything presented for sale like this and under these specific terms and conditions anywhere!

neil

ps I think if i spent 50K ON a signed item i would expect to have a certificate included at that price,and not have to pay for one.

Just my opinion!!

alloway65

Well said Neil, my sentiments exactly.......also most of this type of "Autographed" item sold by this particular seller only generic images are used...this was also discussed in a previous thread!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

@CUAN

The CPA seeks to protect consumers against unfair,unreasonable,unjust or improper trade practises.

This particular instance being referred to is at the very least an improper trade practise as to make it a condition of sale to puchase at an extra price the very document needed to authenticate the item you are purchasing in the first place as being stated as genuine definitely is not fair trade practise.

And precedents are dangerous and open all kinds of opportunities to those wishing to take advantage of any loopholes.

Neil

Just my opinion!

And i know i am but a lowly stamp seller on bob and can be sent to sit in the corner at anytime!!:nuts:

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

voldermort

I'm sorry if I'm bn blonde but I seriously don't understand:

If as the seller says the certificate is an optional extra that obviously implies that the buyer has the choice to either purchase the certificate or not? However in the sellers own words on the ads it states if you are not prepared to pay the extra charge for the certificate then you must not bid. Therein lies my confusion, how can purchasing the certificate be a personal choice when in the ad you are told you have no choice BUT to purchase the certificate (and at an added cost) if you bid?

Of all the ads I have ever seen on BoB when a certificate is included with an item, it is just that, included. The sellers usually incorporate the price of the certificate into the selling price of the item & everybody is happy. I am not querying whether the seller pays commission on the certificate to BoB or not, I am querying as to where is the choice involved in purchasing the certificate?

SA COINAGE

Edited by SA COINAGE

Jacques Kuun

Seller states in listing "all signatures have been verified authentic and we have certified certificates in uk available at r...... extra"

ON the listing no scan is given of the certificate.So where is the certifcate if said item is already authenticated?

NOW THE PROBLEM IS THIS!!are these certifcates printed on demand or were they issued with the item being listed.Please note any reputable certificate is only issued for a specific item only,and are not generalised or transferable to another item at all.

A photograph is taken and placed on the certificate for the item being certified and anyone can then see it is that partcular signature or item being certified!!!

One cant have a general certificate saying that this mandela signature is authentic and then just issue them with any mandela signature.

Then any certificate already done for that specific item and not taken by the client is not transferable to another signed item and would have no use to the seller?Having paid for that certificate that would be money written off and wasted?and having no use for that certifcate(supposedly)then the seller may as well be nice and give it to the buyer for FREE!!!OR TO AUTHENTICATE HIS STATEMENT THAT THE SIGNATURE IS GENUINE!!

OH,sorry if i am not bidding i am not worth an explanation and must move on so another moron can bid!!

I am genuinely puzzled ,i have just never seen anything presented for sale like this and under these specific terms and conditions anywhere!

neil

ps I think if i spent 50K ON a signed item i would expect to have a certificate included at that price,and not have to pay for one.

Just my opinion!!

Hello Neil

When I referred to the matter as being cleared up, I referred to the question of the commission payable to BoB.

I fully agree with you on your other statements.

I detest and despise the manner in which some sellers hide behind alleged certificates (Imagine buying a brand new Merc or BMW and the dealer then hiding behind the issue of a certificate!).

Keep well and regards

Jacques

PS: Congratulations on your 20K coming up.

Jongleur

neil

Just my opinion!!

Reminds one of the copy of a copy of a copy certificates issued with the "Claerhout" artworks.

JohnBenn
I think if i spent 50K ON a signed item i would expect to have a certificate included at that price,and not have to pay for one.

Common practice yes.