Sign in to follow this  
Solcoin

Mandela signed books

svw
A lot of Bobbers have Dyslexia I am sure…so one could advertise singed books….two misplaced letters won’t be noticed!

Singed books won't be a problem - just ship the whole lot off to Jongleur he can store them in his kitchen...

voldermort
Singed books won't be a problem - just ship the whole lot off to Jongleur he can store them in his kitchen...

haha and tell wifey he is in the mood for a homecooked meal.......... :grin:

Jongleur

What you lack in criminal tendencies you more than make up for with a sharp wit. Mind you, perhaps this will

be an asset we can put to the test.

Pierre_Henri

Am I the only idiot around - who is selling this?

Is this the same seller discussed a while back - the one who says that if you are not prepared to pay either R2000/R3000 or R5000 (depends on their mood on the day) for the COA that you then should not bid at all & you need to move along & let others bid?

I cannot see who you all are talking about - why don't you put a link to the auction so that we can see who he/she is?

Is he from England?

Jongleur
haha and tell wifey he is in the mood for a homecooked meal.......... :grin:

Since my daughter asked me if we could possibly insure Mom for public liability like the kids are she has

become rather reluctant to do anything in the kitchen - let alone actually cook. After 2 failed attempts and a few

near misses a pall of distrust hangs like smoke in the kitchen. If Mom is missing like Moms go missing every now and then everyone

rushes to the kitchen pretending to want to snack on last weeks burnt offerings. Just to make sure. And then hover nearby, just in case.

Mind you, after being on FB with the caption "Look what my Mom did" with carnage in the background it is a perfectly

understandable situation. This, you see, will be explained one day when two little pyromaniacs are asked where their unusual penchant

for burning kitchens down comes from.

On the bright side, wifelet has taken a keen interest in the cooking shows on TV. Where they use gas to cook ! Which ignites with only

the slightest provocation. Blows up too if encouraged. I have played it safe by teaching Nanny a few basics her mother and grandmother

taught her years ago. But she insists that a packet of Romany Creams and slap chips is not dinner. The kids love it and wifington

threatens to pack away her downed kitchen utensils. Life is hell in the tropics.

Pierre_Henri

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
voldermort
viewpost-right.png

Is this the same seller discussed a while back - the one who says that if you are not prepared to pay either R2000/R3000 or R5000 (depends on their mood on the day) for the COA that you then should not bid at all & you need to move along & let others bid?

I cannot see who you all are talking about - why don't you put a link to the auction so that we can see who he/she is?

Is he from England?

Solcoin

An entrepenuer from Tswane well known for selling numismatic novelties and the occasional coin and....o yes if you need a Mandela coin in a specific grade they will probably create one if they cannot find one , for the right price of course :blink1: Rhymes with Muggs & Beans :smile: And when they move to England we can all sell coins on the Homepage again without being shuffeled to page 2 or 3 by bulk coin listings ... hope you could figure this one out

Edited by Solcoin

Jacques Kuun
She is also somewhat gifted when it comes to drawing Daffy Duck, Winnie the Pooh, various donkeys and

much more.

Yes, drawings of the buyers of these items.......

Pierre_Henri
An entrepenuer from Tswane well known for selling numismatic novelties and the occasional coin and....o yes if you need a Mandela coin in a specific grade they will probably create one if they cannot find one , for the right price of course :blink1: Rhymes with Muggs & Beans :smile: And when they move to England we can all sell coins on the Homepage again without being shuffeled to page 2 or 3 by bulk coin listings ... hope you could figure this one out

I am lost ....

Solcoin

Bucks n gems

alloway65
I am lost ....

Try your GPS Pierre!!!!!:cool:

Pierre_Henri
Try your GPS Pierre!!!!!:cool:

Hell David, I am getting too old playing Inspector Clouseau.

Let the young lions figure out these intricasies.

Whatever, me and the madam are off to Istanbul in Turkey tommorow for a sunny holiday after the Cape of Storms was almost blown away the past two weeks.

Pierre

alloway65

Too old.....I can give you a good few years, it seems only yesterday I was a young man of 50!!!! :shock:

Have a great holiday Pierre, just keep clear of the ''riots'', they might be a continuation of the Arab Spring!!!

We will continue to holiday at home in the fantastic warm Highveld winter weather.:cool:

Jongleur
Hell David, I am getting too old playing Inspector Clouseau.

Let the young lions figure out these intricasies.

Whatever, me and the madam are off to Istanbul in Turkey tommorow for a sunny holiday after the Cape of Storms was almost blown away the past two weeks.

Pierre

Whenever I think of Turkey I think of the movie "Midnight Express".

voldermort

Whenever I think of Turkey I think of Christmas :biggrin:

Jongleur
Whenever I think of Turkey I think of Christmas :biggrin:

Now really, Sam. Go to the movies this instant !

BUCKS_N_GEMS

not all people want the certificates

thats why its an extra option!! if u want it then pay for it -

Edited by admin

BUCKS_N_GEMS

ok getting back to the subject - mandela signed millions of things for many people from 1939 to 2008 officially and after 2008 un-officially

- auto pen - definition is - the computer signing machine used in the president of south africa - nelson r mandela - office - this machine was used to sign the collector stamps because of the amount needed to be signed

if u dont know, go find out !! Dont just tell people dont trust the items - ask me! Ill teach you things u dont know!

Edited by admin

admin

Hi BUCKS_N_GEMS,

Please stay on topic and do not attack the posters.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

It is my understanding that any certifcate issued by any reputable institution is only relevant to a specific item.Photographs are taken of the signature and item in question or even dna strands inserted in the certificate making each certificate specific to that particular item.

These certificates are not transferable to other signed items,similar or not.

If the items being sold have been certified as authentic and have a certifcate as stated and the buyer does not want to pay for the certifcate then what happens to the certificate specific to that item???arethey kept in a drawer for what use???

You cannot just transfer it to another item then,so what do u do with all the certifcates that the buyers dont want to pay for??keep them for what purpose??you may as well give them to the purchaser as you can have no need for them at all!!!

And of course if you then selling the items as genuine as not yet certified as you dont have the certificate yet then thats obviously not correct?

SO.conditional selling is against bobs policy and not accepted business practise and i think it should not be allowed and bob needs to make a decision here .

neil

ps. and i currently have two genuine signed mandela items for sale with certficates and these are genuine as i know the circumstances under which these items were signed by mandela,and i have sold a number of genuine signed mandela items in the past.

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

Jacques Kuun
ask me! Ill teach you things u dont know!

O yeah! So why do you need a so-called certificate? A certificate that was paid for so that the person who issued it can make some money? Rather sell your items backed by your own name / knowledge / reputation.

Edited by dstorm

voldermort

Pray tell why, if the certificate is an optional extra, in your own words you tell people if they do not want the certificate to move on by. That, to my way of thinking, means there is no choice involved at all. Please tell where you see the freedom of choice here?

Below taken from one of your own ads.

PLEASE NOTE CERTIFICATE IS AVAILABLE AT 5000 RANDS EXTRA AUTHENTICATED BY UK PROFESSIONAL AND WILL BE CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY TO THE AUCTION PRICE WON !!! ENQUIRE

IF U DO NOT REQUIRE A CERTIFICATE AT THE EXTRA CHARGE SHOWN THEN PLEASE DONT BID GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE

lilythepink

I'm chirping in here rather late but I am under the impression, with the seller's wording, that if one is not prepared to pay R5 000.00 for a certificate then one mustn't even bid. Seems like there's a clash with BoB's selling rules or am I wrong?

alloway65

What can I say you Ladies are on the ball as always.

alloway65

The powers-at-be are very quiet on certain topics at the moment.....cladded Medallions.....sorry they are still classed as Coins....forgive me.........hey Andries/Admin is Lily's above statement correct?

Edited by alloway65
Used correct name!!!!!