Sign in to follow this  
Solcoin

Mandela signed books

Solcoin    10
Solcoin

A certain seller offers a Mandela signed book on Crazy auction but in the terms and conditions they state that a fee of R5000 must be paid for the COA . This is bogus to add this "reserve" on crazy auction because then it is the same to sell a graded coin on Crazy auction and then add the extra R 200 ODD for grading services ??? Is this not against the Crazy rules . FAT CHANCE IF YOU ASK ME

alloway65    10
alloway65

A real rip off....where are all the "original" Mandala Signatures coming from now??? He is usually specific "not an autopen"!!!!

Buyer beware....I would not touch these items with a barge pole.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@Solcoin - I hope you have referred this to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za together with the relevant ID number, etc. If not, please do so right away.

Solcoin    10
Solcoin

I have but most of us know that this particular seller is untouchable to a great extend on BOB ! ID 101130198

Edited by Solcoin

alloway65    10
alloway65
I have but most of us know that this particular seller is untouchable to a great extend on BOB !

It appears that way, I had a run in with him a while ago, he is a very rude and ill mannered person....I took the matter up with BoB and a apology given according to Cuan!!!

Even the largest sellers can fall from grace .....it has happened to some very large, rude and aggressive sellers in the past......we live in hope.

Kit W    10
Kit W
I have but most of us know that this particular seller is untouchable to a great extend on BOB !

I fully agree with your comment concerning the seller - there is NO WAY that Mandela would have signed ALL of the items for one specific person. Why one has to pay so much money for the COA is also beyond me. A scam of the first degree that SHOULD be investigated. There are also many other signed ballot sheets, FDC's and sheets that have been sold. No wonder the poor old man is so tired!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I fully agree with your comment concerning the seller - there is NO WAY that Mandela would have signed ALL of the items for one specific person. Why one has to pay so much money for the COA is also beyond me. A scam of the first degree that SHOULD be investigated. There are also many other signed ballot sheets, FDC's and sheets that have been sold. No wonder the poor old man is so tired!

Nothing unusual. Claerhout is still going strong. A great South African pastime.

alloway65    10
alloway65

From memory the person in question just re lists the same selling page over and over again...if I was paying thousands for something I would want to see more than a generic selling page.:mad:

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Excuse my ignorance but why would a UK professional give the COA, is that the norm ?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Not bad value for money. Not at all. Please check out another post on today's forum regarding the Mandela coin. The coin alone is worth R2000-00+

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack
Not bad value for money. Not at all. Please check out another post on today's forum regarding the Mandela coin. The coin alone is worth R2000-00+

:whistling:

Solcoin    10
Solcoin
Excuse my ignorance but why would a UK professional give the COA, is that the norm ?

EXACTLY !!! Because I figured that I could buy the book and have it authenticated locally for between R 1000 - R 2000 !! But the issue still remains for me that you are obliged to pay the extra R5 000 in the small print on a R 1 auction !!! So wether the book sells for R100 or R 1000 he is covered that is also what I reffered to in my original posting , then you could add the expenses of grading etc. and put that in terms and conditions and put your coin on R 1 auction . IT to me still acts as a ridiculous way to have a "reserve "price ! ...also click and see my reply on ms66 Mandela

Edited by Solcoin

Kit W    10
Kit W
EXACTLY !!! Because I figured that I could buy the book and have it authenticated locally for between R 1000 - R 2000 !! But the issue still remains for me that you are obliged to pay the extra R5 000 in the small print on a R 1 auction !!! So wether the book sells for R100 or R 1000 he is covered that is also what I reffered to in my original posting , then you could add the expenses of grading etc. and put that in terms and conditions and put your coin on R 1 auction . IT to me still acts as a ridiculous way to have a "reserve "price ! ...also click and see my reply on ms66 Mandela

Do this little exercise and search "Mandela signed"and see what results appear on the screen - the seller in question sure has had his monies worth from the autopen. Dave, too, has mentioned that all of his re-lists are generic - Dave is correct! To put it plain and simple English, this amounts to nothing else but FRAUD and the COA that he is selling is nothing but a decent photocopy that is raking in the RRRR!!

Solcoin    10
Solcoin

MMM Sounds like case for Mr Bolhuis :blink1: Quite interesting also is that most authentic signatures by Mr Mandela is accompanied by a date ,best wishes etc.I am sure if Mr Mandela would actually see all of this he would have a fit and if he could foresee it he would have had a trademark or something of that sort in place ... if you put a Tiffany label on an American Swiss box you could have trouble in future ...

Edited by Solcoin

voldermort    10
voldermort

Is this the same seller discussed a while back - the one who says that if you are not prepared to pay either R2000/R3000 or R5000 (depends on their mood on the day) for the COA that you then should not bid at all & you need to move along & let others bid?

svw    10
svw

I have one of those books - first edition etc.etc. - willing to sell it but unfortunately just have to get the signature right first anyone wishing to assist your help will be more than welcome profits we can split 50/50 ... :whistling:

alloway65    10
alloway65
I have one of those books - first edition etc.etc. - willing to sell it but unfortunately just have to get the signature right first anyone wishing to assist your help will be more than welcome profits we can split 50/50 ... :whistling:

Trace the Great Man's signature from a BoB selling page with carbon paper.....I am sure some mug will buy it. I will certify it for you.....at no cost!!!

"This is to certify this is an original traced signature using a pristine sheet of carbon paper"!

The carbon paper image is offered for sale at R5.000.00!

I am sure the BoB powers at be have read this thread and previous similar threads with no comment whatsoever.:mad:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Here we go....feel free to copy & paste. If you get any takers let me know & we can split the COA profit :weeabooface:

COA.JPG.7f95a104e79ff561cc1b197b304eb6df.JPG

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Here we go....feel free to copy & paste. If you get any takers let me know & we can split the COA profit :weeabooface:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4653[/ATTACH]

Somewhat harsh. Rather deal with "Dolus, Fur, Latro and Sons, Incorporated". Incorporated sometime and every year since.

voldermort    10
voldermort

10 000 Pounds Sterling?? If anyone will pay I shall be more than happy to accept :blink1:

But I think David has hit the nail on the head - carbon copies which is probably why he tends to forget from day to day what his last COA price was.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Trace the Great Man's signature from a BoB selling page with carbon paper.....I am sure some mug will buy it. I will certify it for you.....at no cost!!!

"This is to certify this is an original traced signature using a pristine sheet of carbon paper"!

The carbon paper image is offered for sale at R5.000.00!

I am sure the BoB powers at be have read this thread and previous similar threads with no comment whatsoever.:mad:

My daughter is an expert at forging our signatures in her homework book. Perhaps we should encourage this nefarious practice.

It seems to pay well. She is also somewhat gifted when it comes to drawing Daffy Duck, Winnie the Pooh, various donkeys and

much more. Bold and cheeky little bliksem too. Tonight I will insist on a Mandela signature on an FDC with the inscription: " To Sam,

Len and David. Best wishes. Dated 27/4/1994. Sam - you organise the certificate. David - you organise a few thousand FDC`s. I will

research how to stay ahead of grand larceny charges.

svw    10
svw
My daughter is an expert at forging our signatures in her homework book. Perhaps we should encourage this nefarious practice.

It seems to pay well. She is also somewhat gifted when it comes to drawing Daffy Duck, Winnie the Pooh, various donkeys and

much more. Bold and cheeky little bliksem too. Tonight I will insist on a Mandela signature on an FDC with the inscription: " To Sam,

Len and David. Best wishes. Dated 27/4/1994. Sam - you organise the certificate. David - you organise a few thousand FDC`s. I will

research how to stay ahead of grand larceny charges.

Ay ay lest ye have forgotten you lot will get squat diddly do - I have the book you lot just have to come up with a signature... the deal you are proposing is a bit like trying to ride a horse with only a saddle no bridle :rolleyes:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Excellent - I shall make sure the COA is printed on UCT notepaper & signed by judges, lawyers, professors, lecturers etc etc.....one copy shall suffice as we can make carbon copies as we go along.

I can already hear ching ching............especially as I have some Mandela books, FDCs etc etc - alas he was too tired (after signing all the other books & covers that are always on auction) to sign these for me but in lieu of our nefarious plans, this no longer matters :twisted:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Excellent - I shall make sure the COA is printed on UCT notepaper & signed by judges, lawyers, professors, lecturers etc etc.....one copy shall suffice as we can make carbon copies as we go along.

I can already hear ching ching............especially as I have some Mandela books, FDCs etc etc - alas he was too tired (after signing all the other books & covers that are always on auction) to sign these for me but in lieu of our nefarious plans, this no longer matters :twisted:

Now this is the thing you see. Who will dare to challenge UCT - this venerable institution of higher learning. I must say Sam, you

are very quick on the uptake here. You will take to a life of crime like a duck to water. SVW, on the other hand, is still entertaining

some mild form of blackmail. Better she has a look for that book - my comrades were shopping up north recently - and not just

for BM`s and Merc`s.

alloway65    10
alloway65

A lot of Bobbers have Dyslexia I am sure…so one could advertise singed books….two misplaced letters won’t be noticed!