Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

Crazy Auction Ripping it ?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

No-one is forced to make use of Special Auctions, we all get to choose. I personally have only tried a few, and will again at some stage. We all know the risks with thee auctions, you may do well or you may have to sell an item for R1, all depends who sees your auction on that day ! Saw this on a Wednesday auction coming up...

"NB ! FOR COLLECTION ONLY - in the Fairland, JHB area, and because this is a special auction there will be a collection fee of R25-00. If collecting other items at the same time, a collection fee of R25-00 will apply to each item / lot that is on a special auction. There is no collection fee for purchases from normal auctions."

Now I don't have an issue with charging a small fee on collections were warranted, but R25 per item sounds steep & odd especially seen it only applies to special auctions !!

dstorm    10
dstorm

So this honourable seller makes sure that he gets his price + R25-00.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This is another instance of abuse of Crazy Auctions and needs to be reported to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za as soon as possible!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:weird: It is like inviting your friends and family over, but before they may visit they must not forget to bring their wallets with - Whahahaha - This is taking postage a bit far, some charge R50.00 for the first item and R40.00 per item extra, or you may collect but there is a charge of R70.00 for inconveniencing me, I saw this a week ago on BOB - Sorry but it is a rip-off, plain and simple - I have a feeling that some sellers believe we are completely stupid or gullible maybe - LOL :weird:

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I think I know which seller this is and have reported TWICE to community watch (once last Thursday and sent the email again yesterday), to no avail - have heard nothing from them...

captain emo    11
captain emo

My personal view is that crazy auctions are designed as a marketing tool and should be viewed as such by sellers. For example a seller may list a few pc games at crazy auction prices but provide a link to their BoB account. The crazy auction is designed to draw attention to their other items. Anybody wishing to make money off a crazy auction must be prepared to take a loss if the item goes for a low price and shouldn't pad their postage prices in case things don't work so well. If you are worried your item may not sell then rather list it under regular auctions with a reserve or better yet a buy now.

Retailers use the same tactic to get people into a store. They discount a good to a low level knowing full well that they arent going to make money off the item, they dont intend to. once you are in the store you may end up buying some other items either because of price or because of the convenience. In BoB terms, buying two items (one a crazy auction item) from the same seller to minimise postage costs.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
My personal view is that crazy auctions are designed as a marketing tool and should be viewed as such by sellers. For example a seller may list a few pc games at crazy auction prices but provide a link to their BoB account. The crazy auction is designed to draw attention to their other items.

Thats how I have always viewed it too ! Clearly not everyone has !

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I am getting rather frustrated at my lack of response from community watch.... I know they deal with a lot of complaints but it has been a week now....

qball    11
qball
I am getting rather frustrated at my lack of response from community watch.... I know they deal with a lot of complaints but it has been a week now....

Please PM me the details I will follow this up with the team.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Will do - thanks!!

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Reported the Seller to Community & got a fairly quick response from them to say they have notified the seller. I see the seller has the exact same wording for their Weekend auctions, clearly ignoring the notification?