Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

Funnies & Spelling Blunders ...

NooNooBug

How would you like to buy a "Pile Pink" Jug ?

or "Crotcheted lappies" ? or ...

" A Lorge Vintage Lot of Chrochet Paterns & a Small Hat Box. " (shame they really need help)...

So funny...

"Far too heavy to post - weighs 13 kilos"

I think I need to "collect " the oddments especially the odd things that crop up in the shipping notes !! These are just the few I saw lined up for Wacky oops sorry Crazy Wednesday Auctions !

MiemsJewels

:embarrest:Shame on you NooNooBug......for making fun of us Afrikaanses. Do you realise that some of us grew up more than 40 years ago when English was still a swear word. :embarrest:

booksallsizes

I think sometimes the spelling mistakes are less a language problem and more a laziness in checking the listing... 'pile' and 'lorge' seem like typos to me!

I saw a lovely one the other day - knew that it was an Afrikaans/English thing - "this hook will allow you to crochet painfully for hours" - am sure everyone who read it knew what the seller meant but it still amused me. And the product is great - no pain at all!

svw

:laugh: - wonder how many errors are a result of trying to do listings during the hours when most normal people are sleeping ...

alloway65
:embarrest:Shame on you NooNooBug......for making fun of us Afrikaanses. Do you realise that some of us grew up more than 40 years ago when English was still a swear word. :embarrest:

I always thought the word was Afrikaaners.....but who am I just a poor Scotsman or as a lot of people say a Scotchman!!!! I like Scotch and I am a man.....and I am half cultured as my wife is half Afrikaanse!!!

NooNooBug

I definitely think they are more likely a case of in a rush to juggle evening chores and get your listings done, no time to check before posting scenerio ! We all can picture that ! Thanx to all those that keep giving us things to smile about ! (love ya !)

svw
I definitely think they are more likely a case of in a rush to juggle evening chores and get your listings done, no time to check before posting scenerio ! We all can picture that ! Thanx to all those that keep giving us things to smile about ! (love ya !)

I gave up a long time ago trying to do listings during happy hour and after a few near disasters resorted to doing them in the middle of the night but I must confess that there have been times that I have successfully dozed off and woken up just in time to grab my laptop as it embarked on a journey towards the floor ...:surprised: