Sign in to follow this  
obelix112za

Listing error...please help

obelix112za

Hi, I keep on getting an error message when trying to save my listing, even though /i have very little text and six small images in the listing.

It is really frustrating!

Error message:

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less

Thank You

Edited by obelix112za

MiemsJewels

Hi Obelix, it usually happens when you copy and paste. Try to type the description and remove the copied description. Hope this will help you.

alloway65

Notice the clipboard buttons (it's the 9th from the right) "Paste as plain text" - should do the trick.

I urge everyone not to do a HTML paste from Word - the content does not render properly on mobile devices and is bloated.

alloway65

My question and Mac's answer when I had a similar problem, works like a dream.

Is there any way that text written in Microsoft Word can be directly inserted into my BoB selling pages without exceeding the number of characters allowed....even though the text is relatively brief!

This was discussed some time ago on the BoB Forum but I just cant find if a conclusion was reached.

Notice the clipboard buttons (it's the 9th from the right) "Paste as plain text" - should do the trick.

I urge everyone not to do a HTML paste from Word - the content does not render properly on mobile devices and is bloated.

obelix112za

Hi Guys, the paste as plain text worked perfectly!

Thank You