Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Moore, OK Tornado

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

News is still quite 'fluid', but preliminary reports say 24 children at Plaza Towers Elementary School 'drowned' after the school sustained a direct hit from a F4 tornado in Moore, OK. The tornado was between 1 - 2 miles wide and on the ground for 30-minutes. Death toll, as of 7:30PM is 37. The number of injured is 'unknown'. A house-to-house search is underway for survivors who may be trapped under the debris. The full extent of damage to property and injury/death will not be known for several days. Watches/Warnings still ongoing for the area.

Search for survivors after massive tornado strikes areas near Oklahoma City, killing at least 37 | Fox News

Okla. tornado victim: 'Our house is completely gone' | Fox News Video

Photos detail carnage after tornadoes strike Midwest | Fox News

My heart aches for the people in Moore. We have been 'hit' a few times here and the damage can be 'unreal', but 'things' can be replaced... people can't.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Ruthie - the pictures we're seeing here are frightening. Houses reduced to rubble and terrified children being pulled from the debris. There is one photo that shows the suburb the tornado ripped through and it looks like a post-apocalyptic landscape.

My heart goes out to the people affected by this. And, Ruthie, stay safe - such a hectic time of the year weatherwise...

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Devastating, my prayers to those affected.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Ghastly images and can only imagine how much worse it must be "on the ground". Stay close to your storm shelter Ruthie!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Thanks for thoughts and prayers for those who lost so much.

(Storm shelter 'at the ready'.... tornado 'watch' for several hours last night, but only whipping winds, buckets of rain and 'bumpy' electricity)

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

voldermort    10
voldermort

was just watching them the other night - from Twistex, weren't they?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Seems there is strange weather throughout our world. Wonder if this means something to the soothsayers ...? (Just asking!)

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

ChickenLittle1.jpg.d31a73bb00d64d3c35cb218518741985.jpg

signature_1b_zps32e0ef7a.gif

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4665[/ATTACH]

signature_1b_zps32e0ef7a.gif

Hi Ruthie

When is our next competition starting ? I miss them.

admin    0
admin

Please help the man out Ruthie, he is a Bulls supporter and desperately needs some distraction.... :bigsmile: :ninja:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Hi Ruthie

When is our next competition starting ? I miss them.

I will 'whip something up' for next week. Kinda 'pulled back' 'thunking' maybe all were getting 'burned out'; not many played of late.... only one player last time.

Ruthie

(Admin.... winky-winky... will try)

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Please help the man out Ruthie, he is a Bulls supporter and desperately needs some distraction.... :bigsmile: :ninja:

Ai ai ai. Die arme sharkies. Maar ek is bly hulle gaan nie pakslae kry vir die volgende 3 weke. Genoeg is genoeg.

While you have been skinnering to Ruthie I have been encountering a problem. The items I want to

add to my watchlist seemingly dont want to be watched because all the watchlist buttons are gone.

Dont know if it is just me but the sellers details at the bottom of the page are also not showing.

admin    0
admin

No problems on my side, did you press ctrl and F5.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Seems there is strange weather throughout our world. Wonder if this means something to the soothsayers ...? (Just asking!)

Not too sure about the soothsayers, but certainly think that the climatologists must be a leeetle nervous. Global climate change (whether human-induced or natural cycles) implies increased frequency and magnitude of natural events. Plus, add to that the solar maximum (astronomically- rather than astrologically speaking) we are in already. Increased, and increasing, solar activity may have some intriguing effects on climate, as well as the intriguing possibility of the electromagnetic activity affecting tectonic activity. We live in interesting times.