Sign in to follow this  
MillaTheKiller

SNC to receive refund???

MillaTheKiller    10
MillaTheKiller

Hi there

I recently returned an item to a seller and requested a refund, and was told that I have to accept an SNC in order to receive a refund, fair enough. Seller filed an SNC stating that the item was returned and that I have been refunded. I have two options in order to respond, namely "The item was returned and I have been refunded" and "Appeal". However, I have not been refunded yet. How can BoB be asking me to confirm (even asking in a second window if I am sure that I have been refunded) that I have been refunded when I have to make the confirmation before I can be refunded? :hm: Surely the seller can simply turn around and say that I confirmed with BoB that I had been refunded already, and simply not refund me?

Can someone please give me a clear answer here?

moodTime    10
moodTime

Only accept the SNC once you have received your refund.

MillaTheKiller    10
MillaTheKiller

But apparently I have to accept the SNC in order for the funds to get released to the seller so that they can refund me, but in accepting the SNC I have to confirm to BoB that I have already been refunded??

MillaTheKiller    10
MillaTheKiller

Ok, so I used BoB's live help chat and put my question to them. I spoke to Khonekile Mngomezulu, who advised me to appeal the SNC and state in the comment box that I had not been refunded yet. So I guess now I just have to wait and see what transpires.

qball    11
qball

Sellers must refund FIRST then file the SNC. If no refund received then you must appeal it.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

The SNC should only have been filed after the refund was completed as you have already returned the goods. The SNC will simply mean that they recover their success fees paid to BoB.

MillaTheKiller    10
MillaTheKiller

After appealing the SNC I received an email from the seller informing me that I should have accepted the SNC and that I would now have to wait 14 days for the "grace period" to expire. I forwarded the chat log of my conversation with BoB's live help to the seller, who then CC'd me on an email to Jessica Diez at BoB. 90 minutes later I received payment notification from the bank for my refund. Thanks to you guys for the replies and to BoB for their help and responses.

Ilya2005    10
Ilya2005

Gamesmanship

After appealing the SNC I received an email from the seller informing me that I should have accepted the SNC and that I would now have to wait 14 days for the "grace period" to expire. I forwarded the chat log of my conversation with BoB's live help to the seller, who then CC'd me on an email to Jessica Diez at BoB. 90 minutes later I received payment notification from the bank for my refund. Thanks to you guys for the replies and to BoB for their help and responses.

Isn't it a sad state of affairs today how many games some sellers will play in order to avoid doing the right thing regarding refunds? Apparently, being honorable in one's business affairs and dealings is passe.

Ilya2005