Sign in to follow this  
Camaro

Can I delete a bid based on a buyers bad ratings alone?

Camaro

I have a bid on an item I am selling but the bidder has a 56% rating, mostly for non payment. Looks really bad....

Can I just delete his bid? I really dont need the aggravation and waste of time that is heading my way.

My question is "Am I allowed to delete a bid from this kind of buyer based on a gut feel and his ratings?"

Regards

Camaro

Thanks for the info admin... Let me think about it....

bitesize

Hi what if a buyer bid on an auction last minute, had a -1 rating and you didn't get the chance to delete the bid?

NooNooBug

Interesting question...coz if you are allowed to delete it due to negative rating for non fulfilment they surely you would be allowed to "cancel" this sale ? Hope those in the know can answer this.

voldermort

You know questions like these always make me think of the bid I received a few years back for a cellphone. Buyer had -3 ratings (I think) when he placed his bid and by the time the auction was done he was blacklisted which led me to believe I would never receive payment. Well now this buyer contacted Bid or Buy for my details & actually made payment the very next day.The payment was faster than many payments I have received from some buyers with many positive ratings.

Not sure what is wrong with everybody wanting to delete bids, surely this cannot be allowed - and if it does go on, I can see the option to delete bids going the same way as the blocking of buyers went........

Colin_P
Interesting question...coz if you are allowed to delete it due to negative rating for non fulfilment they surely you would be allowed to "cancel" this sale ? Hope those in the know can answer this.

Why not just see if they pay? You'll need to re-list the item in either case, and surely anyone can make one mistake?