Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

Econo Parcel Rates - WARNING

NooNooBug

Hi all

I decided to start a new thread concerning the Econo Parcel /Volumetric Pricing issue ... After other other thread concerning the New SAPO Volumetric charges on Parcels it seems some post offices have been measuring Econo Parcels and charging according to the Volumetric calculation, which if you take the maximum size allowed for Econo will push into a 3kg Price range !! As I use a small PO and have a good relationship with the staff I asked the Post Master about this, as many of us try and use Econo Parcel whereever possible to reduce costs. He said that the Volumetric calculations are only meant for parcels that fall outside of the maximum allowed for an Econo. he said he would show me the documentation regarding this during the week when I come in again, as he didn't have time on Friday to look for it. So guys watch what they charge you, as some are very confused and are measuring every parcel ! It makes a HUGE difference and adds up very quickly ! Hope you all have a good week.

svw

Thanks 'NooNooBug' - much appreciated ! Would there be any chance of getting a copy of the documentation and posting it on the forum ? To get around the measuring of each parcel I have been popping mine inside very large brown envelopes - seems to be working BUT there are still the very large parcels which weigh under 3 kg's but need to go inside a box - these have been costing a small fortune to post !

NooNooBug

Going there later, will try get a copy!

Cali Craft and Gems

A copy would be most sincerely appreciated! Why is it that it takes the customers to educate the post office staff? (and our branch is sooooo strict!)

NooNooBug

Hi Sorry taken so long to get a copy, but got it now !! Can't get the scan to come up here (sorry not a PC Boff ! but will type main part out...

"...Tip 077 of 2013 (dated 29 April 2013)

Acceptance of Parcels

The Econoparcel Service requires a parcel to be 450 x 324 x 100mm and must not weight more than 1kg. If the parcel conforms to these requirements then volumetric mass MUST NOT BE CHARGED on the parcel."

If anyone needs me to rather email them a copy directly please feel free to send me a PM and I will gladly do so.

Econo.jpg.7fd55f4e7d12ef7922d249530fbcc046.jpg

YiaYia1

Notice that different post offices charge different fees for the same size parcel

NooNooBug
Notice that different post offices charge different fees for the same size parcel

If I were you I would get hold of a new 2013 fees book and read it carefully. Some of the PO will charge "incorrectly" until you teach them...bottom line they don't know their own products and we as sellers have to do "their" jobs for them sometimes or we get ripped off ! They are NOT supposed to charge you differently but unfortunately they do because they either do not know or do not care ! The biggest possible area of "mis-interpretation" would be our dear Econo. When I first started I lost alot of money on that as the staff at the PO have this false idea that the measurements are roughly for the size of a piece of A4 paper 10cm thick, but actually it is closer to an A3 ! Had loads of fun when I took parcels there (measured carefully at home so I knew I was right) and they would look at it and "think" it was too big and try charge me for a normal parcel....I would smile and say sorry but it is an econo...no its too big...please measure it then...well now I stick to the small PO that know me and they have learnt the actual size now !