Sign in to follow this  
electronics4less

jackychanelectronics - really doing quite badly for a HK-based seller

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

I have previously bought from jackychanelectronics, it took long to dispatch the item (two weeks) and then it obviously took ages to get here, which he cannot help.

The items were of very good quality, in my case.

Looking at the feedback there are many people complaining about similar incidents.

Lately he has started charging less for shipping, R199 instead of R379 which it was previously. But he has removed the cables, batteries, charger, etc. from the parcels, and you have to buy it extra for R199. They call it the "deluxe essential package", found here.

This is actually conditional selling in disguise, but I guess I would not have minded if only it did not slow down the entire process. I have now had mails twice telling me they are waiting for me to order this package (or not) before they will ship my item. I have replied twice that I do not want it.

Is it perhaps possible for BoB to have a chat with them to get their act together?

qball    11
qball

We have already spoken to the seller about the extra purchases, he is going to include these items.

He was asked to reduce the shipping charge as it was excessive.

losas123    10
losas123

Have the same problem with this guy , will never bay from him again, they still dont include cables , batteries ,chager, ect. The Tracking number is not correct and they dont respond to your mail, just send out a standerd mail . . BoB please help with this seller

qball    11
qball
Have the same problem with this guy , will never bay from him again, they still dont include cables , batteries ,chager, ect. The Tracking number is not correct and they dont respond to your mail, just send out a standerd mail . . BoB please help with this seller

We have emailed the seller for a response.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

I think this seller's sales should be limited until he resolves all the issues.

Sales for the past month racked up 84 negative and 30 neutral ratings

Edited by Mad about Jack

qball    11
qball

We can't simply disable or limit the user as he has many outstanding orders. This poses a far greater risk if we simply cut him off.

Hentrac    10
Hentrac

The seller is from Hong Kong and not South Africa. I never ever buy from sellers that are not in SA.

ZoneMan    11
ZoneMan

What is the use of having a drop shippers list if foreigners can register anyway - all their sales are basically being drop shipped...

I reckon that BoB should highlight foreign seller to buyers - especially new Bobbers get "caught"

qball    11
qball

Foreign based sellers are not drop shippers. Buyers need to read the listings, shipping options and check seller's location.

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

What is happening with this seller? Has be run away?

I'm a bit worried to see that jackychanelectronics is no longer selling items, he had tons of order to fullfill so could you please tell us what is happening here?

qball    11
qball

Seller has been restricted due to ratings, all items were removed by us. He is still in contact with us and has been replying to us.

moodTime    10
moodTime

Shame, this seller was doing well for a international seller when he started, I wonder what happened :confused:

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

I've been advised to take legal action - what a joke!

I've been advised by BidorBuy to take legal action against this seller for not delivering. This is surely a joke! How do you sue an international seller?

Well, everybody that was crooked by this seller (about 400 of us), I will make this case. But I am going to add BidorBuy to this action as well. For way too long BidorBuy has taken the stance that they have no responsibility to ensure sellers are legit. The CPA should protect us because anybody making a profit from a crime is also jointly responsible.

I will update this post as soon as I have made the case.

qball    11
qball
I've been advised by BidorBuy to take legal action against this seller for not delivering. This is surely a joke! How do you sue an international seller?

Well, everybody that was crooked by this seller (about 400 of us), I will make this case. But I am going to add BidorBuy to this action as well. For way too long BidorBuy has taken the stance that they have no responsibility to ensure sellers are legit. The CPA should protect us because anybody making a profit from a crime is also jointly responsible.

I will update this post as soon as I have made the case.

The seller was legitimate and has a long track record of sales history on the site. Legally you accept and assume full responsibility for any transaction you enter into. We cannot legally be held liable for the loss you have suffered. We are not the supplier and in terms of the CPA, this is covered. I would tend to disagree with your assessment as we generally reverse the fees and make absolutely no profit when sellers go rogue. This essentially puts the sellers account in a debit balance and owes us money, and this cannot be recovered.

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

Cuan,

If you reverse the fees, who gets this money? Since we paid using bobpay-eft, we know commission is taken first.

qball    11
qball

And this is subsequently reversed on the system, thus putting the seller in a debit, but adding a credit to the seller's account, this is then used to refund buyers if there are sufficient funds to do so after reversing the fees - the fees do not make up sufficient funds to make refunding all buyers possible. We provide a service for which we charge a fee, the service was provided to both buyer and seller. On your order the fee was R5. Most orders were in this region, so by the time we reverse everything, there is actually very little we can do with the credit, maybe pay a few buyers back if their funds were not paid to the seller. If you would like your R5 please come to the office and I will give it to you.

electronics4less    10
electronics4less
If you would like your R5 please come to the office and I will give it to you.

As always a real pleasure dealing with BidorBuy when things go wrong.