Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Value of a pair of Mt Curry Express stamps

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I have a pair of these stamps certified genuine by Richard Johnson from Port Elizabeth.

He describes them...

NATAL/EAST GRIQUALAND:

Mount Currie Express c1874 1d yello-green perf 12/12. An unused vertical pair, minimal minor soiling, as usually found

Can someone give me an estimated value for the pair?

Thanks

Scott

voldermort    10
voldermort

could help if you added a photo - without which I doubt you will get any replies.

voldermort    10
voldermort

These were not used as stamps as such ie: for postage, therefore you will not find them listed in any catalogue.

Back in the day many companies/municipalites worldwide would use their own “stamps” called local

If these were used in conjunction with COGH stamps on a cover or parcel we would have an idea of price but as it is, especially unused, we don’t

How well & how fast you would sell them would also depend how many were made & that nobody I think, would be able to tell you

These would be sold mainly for collectible purposes therefore the good news is that you could make your own price as there is no catalogue price to guide you – basically demand & supply – there could very well be somebody out there willing to spend a lot on these however you would need to be patient

All the above, as always, my own opinion