Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Dont you just hate it when..

anthony03    10
anthony03

Self styled "experts" post on your auction as a question but they are really only commenting on your item or in general about items . They should rather go to the forums on the web designed for their comments. I have taken to just deleting these ! Alf :mad:

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

I've posted questions on items before where the seller has obviously made a mistake with the description. I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was helpful to both the seller and to any other prospective buyers. Obviously as far as I'm concerned, if the seller deletes the question, then he's probaby deliberately describing the item inaccurately.

anthony03    10
anthony03

So if you have researched your item as deeply as I do and someone comes along on a regular basis and gives an incorrect description and value of the item , thats O.K. in your estimation. Not in mine !

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I have been genuinely harassed before on Q&A by the same user. Eventually admin helped me to sort it out, it was getting out of hand.

In your case, if its just a "question" which is malicious, you can just delete it. No-one will see the "question" anyway unless you answer or they ask a question and see all the questions for that item. I know how annoying it can be.

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
So if you have researched your item as deeply as I do and someone comes along on a regular basis and gives an incorrect description and value of the item , thats O.K. in your estimation. Not in mine !

You obviously didn't research my post before responding. :)

I specifically said that if a seller has listed an item incorrectly, I will point it out by means of a question, which is the only method of communication open to me. If he chooses to keep the facts from other users by deleting the question then the only assumption I can make is that he wishes to deceive.

To be 100% clear - it's not OK for anyone (buyer or seller) to give a wrong description.

As an example, there is a seller who posts quite often here in the forums who had placed the wrong picture on an item. I pointed it out, in detail, she thanked me and never changed it. I checked after the listing expired and it was relisted with the original incorrect picture. But she left the question there so at least her other buyers could see.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I think if done correctly I do not have a problem with extra info pointed out to me, as I have had in the past. I am happy to get more info if I can. However if you have someone tell you straight it is not xyz (which you have clear info on & quadruple checked) then I don't feel bad in first answering politely with facts and if need be I will delete the question.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Last night I noticed a seller had listed a camera as a full frame when it was not one. I sent a question explaining that it was not and why. I believe that, if anything, I did the seller (who deleted the auction, presumably to correct it) a favour by preventing him from having comeback later because of an incorrect description. If a buyer keeps giving incorrect information though, I can understand the frustration, but it's easy enough to delete the question.

keymaster    10
keymaster

ok since the thread topic is "Dont you just hate it when..."

I'm just going to continue using this thread topic if the OP doesn't mind. And I believe what i'm going to say has happened to some of you.

Anyways, don't you just hate it when a buyer completed the order process of your product but did not pay for the item!!! Even when I emailed them to pay for the product they did not reply. Its really wasting our time and holding up the product.

I really wanted to block these buyers...

alloway65    10
alloway65

Maybe BoB should have a hit squad to do away with these (non) buyers!!!!:hm: