Sign in to follow this  
TribalTrade

Cash Payment allocation problems.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I understand that Bidorbuy allocates cash payments from buyers via BoBPay EFT manually.

This system is currently very slow and unproffesional!

My wife has an account and trades under Prime Deals. A buyer made a purchase on Order 5913931 on 10/4 and did a cash payment on 11/4. He used the correct reference and everything else was done correctly. Only after queries to Bidorbuy, was this payment eventualy allocated on 25/4! 15 DAYS LATER!

She has received her first negative rating as a result of Bidorbuy's administrative error. I hope it gets removed.

After phoning this buyer, he claimed that he is getting very annoyed with Bidorbuy, because this seems to be a regular occurence.

The staff did not even have the decency to apologize to the buyer!

I have a buyer who sent me an e-mail yesterday, claiming that she made a cash payment on Order 5856640 on 26/4 already. I followed up on the reference 3MXMEZ, and everything is correct. It is now 9 DAYS down the line, and this payment has not been allocated.

I also checked up on a few other Orders. Cash Payments done on a Thursday/Friday only gets allocated the next Tuesday/Wednesday. This is unacceptable and puts us sellers in a bad light. Kindly look into this matter urgently.

Regards.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

If you are unhappy with any rating, just send all relevant information to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and they will help you get the problem sorted. Good luck.

qball    11
qball
I understand that Bidorbuy allocates cash payments from buyers via BoBPay EFT manually.

This system is currently very slow and unproffesional!

My wife has an account and trades under Prime Deals. A buyer made a purchase on Order 5913931 on 10/4 and did a cash payment on 11/4. He used the correct reference and everything else was done correctly. Only after queries to Bidorbuy, was this payment eventualy allocated on 25/4! 15 DAYS LATER!

She has received her first negative rating as a result of Bidorbuy's administrative error. I hope it gets removed.

After phoning this buyer, he claimed that he is getting very annoyed with Bidorbuy, because this seems to be a regular occurence.

The staff did not even have the decency to apologize to the buyer!

I have a buyer who sent me an e-mail yesterday, claiming that she made a cash payment on Order 5856640 on 26/4 already. I followed up on the reference 3MXMEZ, and everything is correct. It is now 9 DAYS down the line, and this payment has not been allocated.

I also checked up on a few other Orders. Cash Payments done on a Thursday/Friday only gets allocated the next Tuesday/Wednesday. This is unacceptable and puts us sellers in a bad light. Kindly look into this matter urgently.

Regards.

Good day Tribaltrade

Thank you for your post.

The one payment you refer to was missed by the system, as ABSA only processes a maximum of 1000 transactions a day, we therefore did not get notification of the payment until it was brought to our attention. This seldom happens.

Regarding the 2nd issue, multiple payments were received for that one order - the order was already matched for R48 on the 26th. Then R16.50 was allocated on the 27th. As the order and payment was already matched, we were unsure what the additional R172.50 was for. We normally follow up on unallocated payments and notify users of overpayments, we did not follow this up, we apologise for this oversight.

Generally speaking we process hundreds of payments manually on a daily basis, we endeavour to ensure all payments are processed efficiently and promptly and do so quite effectively for the large majority of payments.

Cash deposits are not an ideal way for payment due to the manual processes involved, we have to offer this option to users who do not have internet banking, I do not believe this to be unprofessional behaviour from our side, cash payments are slow and can take longer to clear or be processed.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Good evening QBall,

The one payment you refer to was missed by the system, as ABSA only processes a maximum of 1000 transactions a day, we therefore did not get notification of the payment until it was brought to our attention. This seldom happens.

The buyer agreed to change the Negative rating! I do understand, but buyers do not. All they want to know is "WHY HAS MY PARCEL NOT BEEN POSTED?????":evil:

Regarding the 2nd issue, multiple payments were received for that one order - the order was already matched for R48 on the 26th. Then R16.50 was allocated on the 27th. As the order and payment was already matched, we were unsure what the additional R172.50 was for. We normally follow up on unallocated payments and notify users of overpayments, we did not follow this up, we apologise for this oversight.

If I was queried about the multiple payments, I would have explained. Instead nobody bothered, and once again I had a disgruntled buyer!

The buyer did not add the R16, 50 cash fee on the first two payments, and had to pay an additional R49, 50 (R16, 50 x 3) for my losses.

Together with that she wanted a personal offer item that expired. After many e-mails and calls to explain the cash fees, I just did not have the energy to make another listing which might have ended up in a wrong payment again. I just gave her a total and said to deposit it using the same reference. Thank you, this payment was allocated today.

Generally speaking we process hundreds of payments manually on a daily basis, we endeavour to ensure all payments are processed efficiently and promptly and do so quite effectively for the large majority of payments.

I still feel that Bidorbuy should give us an idea of how long in general a buyer could wait for clearance of cash payments, or maybe a note on checkout to inform them that it could take up to 48 / 72 hours to clear? Maybe inform the buyers on checkout that cash payments are allocated manually, as they do not know this. Thank you for your response!

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Hi TribalTrade

Seems a series of unfortunate delays. Hopefully all sorted now. Just a suggestion, should you have similar situations in future, use the "Notes" facility on your order to leave info. such as extra payments, shortfalls, etc so that if the BoB Accounts people are trying to work out what is going on then they may see the note you made and understand the situation better. You may know the details but they don't, all they see are multiple payments. I find cash deposits usually take up to 48hrs to appear, if it hasn't appeared by then and the buyer says they have made payment, I suggest they email proof of payment to accounts to make sure it is allocated correctly,often the delay is either the Bank speed (some are notoriously slower) or sometimes the buyer using the incorrect reference !