Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Urgently seeking an authentic, oval cut ruby

Miss Jewels

Hi forum friends

I am urgently looking for an authentic oval ruby, dimensions 8mm x 10mm x 2.5mm (or closest thereof). I have the ring which currently has a garnet in, but the client would like the July birthstone instead.

If anyone has this specific stone for sale, please send me the link to the item.

Thanks

ps....Mr Admin...please don't close this thread until I've found my stone:bigsmile:

alloway65

Hi Thanks! Going to see if it will fit. All specs fine...just the depth I'm worried about!

Rubies - Natural Oval Red Ruby, Weight: 3.42 Carat, Origin Mozambique. for sale in Johannesburg (ID:97830035)

For the overall dimensions you require I have a feeling 2.5mm deep will be hard to achieve as the stone would be out of proportion!

I am sure the stone could be thinned down from the base with an angle grinder but it would ruin the stone.:idea::worried::hm:

Miss Jewels

I'm going to take the ring to our jeweler tomorrow and ask him to remove the current stone. I will then get the exact dimensions. I will also give him these dimensions and ask if the stone will fit. Ideally I don't really want to start trimming down on the stone.....

Hi Thanks! Going to see if it will fit. All specs fine...just the depth I'm worried about!

Rubies - Natural Oval Red Ruby, Weight: 3.42 Carat, Origin Mozambique. for sale in Johannesburg (ID:97830035)

For the overall dimensions you require I have a feeling 2.5mm deep will be hard to achieve as the stone would be out of proportion!

I am sure the stone could be thinned down from the base with an angle grinder but it would ruin the stone.:idea::worried::hm:

alloway65

I was jesting re thinning down the stone!!!!:whistling:

Miss Jewels

...but it can be done by the way...just not with an angle grinder! :cheesy: I have someone who can do the sides but not sure about the depth. I'm scared of spoiling the stone.

I was jesting re thinning down the stone!!!!:whistling: