Sign in to follow this  
martindraper4273

Fairly new to this bidding scene

martindraper4273    10
martindraper4273

Hi all.Fairly new to this bidding scene.What i want to know is,how is it possible when i make a bid,to be automatically outbid every time by the same bidder.To me that indicates that there is already a set price on an item.This then just smells of scam.Why not just attach a price and be done.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Hi martindraper4273 !

Welcome to the forum...as admin said..but incase you need further details eg. There is a jug that I want and the next bid I need to put in to win is say R31, the bid increments are say R10 and I know I am willing to pay up to R100 for it, so I can "walk away" as the auction progresses I set my limit at R100, then you come along see the auction is at R31 and you put in R41, you will automatically be outbid by my pre-set limit, everytime unless you go over my top set amount of R100. Does that make more sense ? That is why the "same" buyer can outbid you each time. Hope you will continue to look through the auctions and win something you like ! It can be fun. All the bet for future auctions !

IzPrec06s    10
IzPrec06s

Also fairly new to the scene.

I have put in an autobid on a product, and am currently leading. But I am going to be away from the computer when the item closes and now would like to increase the autobid for my pre-set limit .

I cannot discover how to increase an autobid where I am still in the lead.

The autobid page normally referenced does not have info on this.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

admin    0
admin

Hi IzPrec06s,

Welcome to the forum.

The best will be to ask the seller to delete your bid, then bid again with a higher amount.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Or just bid again with a higher amount and confirm so it updates your maximum.

admin    0
admin
Or just bid again with a higher amount and confirm so it updates your maximum.

Indeed, but then you increase your own bid with the next bid increment.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

I know it used to do that, it doesn't anymore. I just tested it on an item I'm winning.

When you place the bid it shows that your bid is increasing, but on confirmation the actual bid does not increase, only your limit.

admin    0
admin
I know it used to do that, it doesn't anymore. I just tested it on an item I'm winning.

When you place the bid it shows that your bid is increasing, but on confirmation the actual bid does not increase, only your limit.

Thank you, I missed that memo :wondering:

IzPrec06s    10
IzPrec06s

"Or just bid again with a higher amount and confirm so it updates your maximum. "

Forgive me, I am (a) inexperienced and (b) confused: Do I then bid with a bid increased by the minimum increase amount? Will the options that appear to me then allow me to increase my maximum?

Or are you saying I must bid my maximum?

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Bid your maximum.

GreenAngela76    10
GreenAngela76

Hey there!

I am a crafter and i wanted to know how are your sells here? Is it working out for handmade artists too? Or is there also another place to sell? I like it here but i alway like to have several options :)

Thanks , Angela