Sign in to follow this  
worynjay

Mid month sales slumps

worynjay

I used to sell extensively on Trademe in New Zealand and I noticed there was always a mid month slump in sales. I am experiencing one at the moment. Is this a common trend here in RSA, or should I start worrying?

Just Beachin

I have totally given up second guessing the market! Just hold on for the ride!

alloway65

The reason for mid month sales slump is that most people are broke at this time of the month.:oh:

ATA STAMP CENTRE
The reason for mid month sales slump is that most people are broke at this time of the month.:oh:

Thats the fortunate ones,most of us are broke anytime of the month!!:nuts:

yes,there is a slowdown midmonth sometimes for obvious reasons and also dont forget this is after easter weekend where people spend extra on holidays and also its back to school and this term is winter uniforms etc,so there are various factors contributing to this,

neil

JohnBenn

yes,there is a slowdown midmonth sometimes for obvious reasons and also dont forget this is after easter weekend where people spend extra on holidays and also its back to school and this term is winter uniforms etc,so there are various factors contributing to this,

neil

Plus the postal strike(which I'm not sure is over yet - the last time they said everything was under control, but it wasn't). I want to buy stamps and DVDs, but I don't know when I'll receive them. (And most of these sellers are in small towns where they don't have a Postnet etc. option.)

alloway65

neil

I think this broke mid-month phenomenon is a worldwide thing….everyone bought far too much on credit in the past good times.

I find it amusing when we eat out and someone goes through a handful of overdrawn credit cards before they find one with some credit so they can pay the bill!

I also find it amazing how many credit cards some of the “less privileged” of us have….bulging wallets full of credit and store cards.

We must be the poor relations Rose and I each only have one card…and no store cards.

On the education side I am glad our boys are educated and settled in good careers….as private education costs are horrendous these days.

JANDS

My tuppence worth: When things are tough, grit your teeth and expand your range and volume if you can.

alloway65
My tuppence worth: When things are tough, grit your teeth and expand your range and volume if you can.

or.......when the times get tough, the tough get going!

dstorm
or.......when the times get tough, the tough get going!

Why do they leave? Why do they not stay on and fight with us weaklings?

Just Beachin
Why do they leave? Why do they not stay on and fight with us weaklings?

I think it has something to do with Billy Ocean's car..........get out of my dreams

dstorm
.........get out of my dreams

get out of my dreams...get into my car...

The tough are leaving us!

Just Beachin
get out of my dreams...get into my car...

The tough are leaving us!

I'm not going anywhere:grin: if I have any say!

Shoo did you see that? nice car

JANDS

"Expand your range and volume" has naught to do with cup-size, middle-aged girth or absence on the forum you hooligans.....damn, julle ruk die dam onder die blerrie eend uit....:nuts:

NooNooBug

We all just have to tough it out, as was mentioned, maybe time to expand in other directions....new ideas etc. Good time to reassess, sort , reinvent ?

alloway65

Added comment to wrong post!

Edited by alloway65