Sign in to follow this  
Samantha Visser

Post Office New Strike - 16 April 2013

Samantha Visser

So, I gone down to my local post office to send a parcel via Speed Services, just to be informed by the clerk that they (the Post office) including Speed Services has embarked on a new strike. Parcels have not and will not be collected from the Post Office.

I decided to, at my own costs, send the parcel via a private courier to my client. I cannot imagine my client having to wait indefinitely for the parcel.

Also confirmed on the Post Office's Facebook page that a new strike has begun.

Edit:

I just want to mention this as well. Just heard on eNews that Parliament made an announcement that the Post Office is close to bankrupt and that there is no way anymore the institution can turn around. The post office may now face being closed down as parliament is reluctant in providing assistance to the institution.

So, there may be a good chance of the post office closing down and being privatized.

Edited by lewskannen

Jongleur
So, I gone down to my local post office to send a parcel via Speed Services, just to be informed by the clerk that they (the Post office) including Speed Services has embarked on a new strike. Parcels have not and will not be collected from the Post Office.

I decided to, at my own costs, send the parcel via a private courier to my client. I cannot imagine my client having to wait indefinitely for the parcel.

Edit:

I just want to mention this as well. Just heard on eNews that Parliament made an announcement that the Post Office is close to bankrupt and that there is no way anymore the institution can turn around. The post office may now face being closed down as parliament is reluctant in providing assistance to the institution.

So, there may be a good chance of the post office closing down and being privatized.

No doubt a great amount of planning went into these strikes. Those that caused them will now be

able to put their bid forward for a privitisation deal with government.

qball

Edit:

Whilst we don't mind the mention of parceltracker on the forum, the forum cannot be used to drive traffic to this site, therefore you will need to remove the link from your signature...

Thank you.

Samantha Visser
Whilst we don't mind the mention of parceltracker on the forum, the forum cannot be used to drive traffic to this site, therefore you will need to remove the link from your signature...

Thank you.

Sorry, did not know it was not allowed. Signature removed.

Fashion Star

New Strike again!!!!!!! Really i don't know how do i running my online business now.:thinking:

NooNooBug

What to do what to do what what feeling a tad irritated...should I post or not? Is this a repeat of the last strike or worse? Is it the same areas affected as before or more, does anyone know?

svw
What to do what to do what what feeling a tad irritated...should I post or not? Is this a repeat of the last strike or worse? Is it the same areas affected as before or more, does anyone know?

You can try keeping tabs on sapo's facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/SouthAfricanPostOffice?fref=ts they seem to be better at updating it than their webpage...

TribalTrade

Well, it is official.

I just returned from our Post Office in Sonlandpark, VEREENIGING.

The staff were informed not to accept any ordinary parcels until further notice, due to a new strike at Witspost.:sick:

alloway65

Just back from my local PO where registered and SS packages were accepted, I was told it is only temporary staff that are striking as they want to be employed permanently....so they can strike when the permanent staff strike!!!!:sick:

NooNooBug

Parcels left as normal down here in the Cape, they say that a temporary plan made up north to sort the parcels away from the hub !