Sign in to follow this  
qball

Warning - possible phishing attack

qball

Hi All

Please be advised, someone named Michael Cronin is sending bidorbuy users an email claiming to be from bidorbuy (member@bidorbuy.co.za), this person claims that you need to conclude a transaction (a valid transaction currently open on the site), and that all dealings will be done through bidorbuy, I quote:

"Dear ,

>

> I'm the seller of the item that you've recently bided through the Bidorbuy system,

> Item title: New ZIPPY **** Best Quality ****,item number: 12612515

> Please make me an offer and if it sounds good I will provide you all details regarding shipping and payment...

> If you are still interested in this item and want to buy it please reply ASAP.

> Waiting for your answer!

>

> IMPORTANT: When you e-mail us please include this message.

>

> Thank you!"

and

" Subject: Re: Bidorbuy Offer: "New ZIPPY **** Best Quality ****" (ID #12612515 )

>

>

> For me it's OK R2000 and the shipping taxes are included in the price.

> If you are interested to buy this product ,we can make this transaction through Bidorbuy.co.za and is 100%safe for both of us and Bidorbuy will contact you shortly with the further details.

> Bidorbuy will send you an Invoice and there you'll have more details about the transaction and payment.

> I will use for shipping Bidorbuy.

> If you are really interested please provide me this info:

> FULL NAME:

> ADDRESS:

> CITY:

> ZIP CODE:

> COUNTRY:

> I need the details exactly like I have requested to you because I have to forward the email to Bidorbuy.

> In short time Bidorbuy will contact you with an Invoice in order to complete the transaction!

> Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!!!"

bidorbuy does not operate this way nor are we involved in the invoicing and payment of these transactions.

They then get all your details, if you have sent them and create a false bidorbuy email outlining what needs to be done, including shipping via DHL, Fedex, payment through Western Union, and the bidorbuy Safeharbour programme.

Please do not respond, do not send any details to this person, if you are unsure please contact us hello@bidorbuy.co.za or call us on 0861 88 0861.

Thank you

Cuan

Please be on the lookout for these mails

Gomario

How about this one?

"

Dear buyer, I'm the seller of the item that you've recently bided through the Bidorbuy system. Please make me an offer and if it sounds good I will provide you all details regarding shipping and payment... If you are still interested in this item and want to buy it please reply to this mail : johnpeterson92@live.com . Waiting for your answer! IMPORTANT: When you e-mail us please include this message. Thank you! "

It just come in my gmail inbox :D

qball

Yes, this is also an attempt to get you to conclude a transaction by a fraudster. Firstly, bidorbuy will be the one's notifying you of a winning bid and that you have won the auction, not the seller. If you receive emails like this please ignore it. This is a phishing attempt and should be IGNORED. Please also note - we do not use an email address called member@bidorbuy.co.za .

Kind regards

Cuan