Sign in to follow this  
SilverDoor

Best International Shipping Option for NGC Slab Items

SilverDoor

When shipping a $50-$200 coin in a standard size (<1oz) NGC slab from South Africa

to a major international destination (USA, UK, AU, etc.), what would be the best

shipment method to use considering that most Ebay international shipping fees are <$30 ?

There must be a number of BoB sellers who have to ship numismatic items abroad, so I

hope to receive some advice from you, if possible.

Shipping with tracking is highly recommended too, as most international buyers would

want that option.

NooNooBug

Hi

Not sure about shipping coins as such, however I have sent various parcels internationally of varying values & sizes. My choice for low weight items is usually Small Package Airmail, which I then have registered so I have a tracking number, Costs are R28-80 per 100g max is 2kg, registering is a further R26-60. You only need the little green customs slip CN22 if value under R2000, if over it differs. It isn't cost effective the closer to 2kg you get, then you need ordinary airmail parcel. Not sure of insurance options, vaguely recall something about some countries don't recognise our insurance so check first. Small package is usually a little quicker, or you can go EMS, but that costseg R323 per 500g to USA. Don't think you can ship coins via EMS as they have a list of exclusions, best to check. Hope this helps even if not specific for coins !