Sign in to follow this  
staccato

Making profit on shipping charges

staccato    10
staccato

Seems this seller wants to recover his purchase cost by his shipping charges

Check the Q&A

Q:

Why are your shipping charges so rediculously high?? - Asked by staccato (740 rating4.gif)

12 Apr 13:04

A:

You don't expect me to sell an item for R1.00 and post it free for you. That is what it cost me to buy the item. Actually speaking I don't make any profit of my sales.

12 Apr 13:32

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/96166625/Astrum_Elete_Combe_USB_Keyboard_Mouse_Combo.html

Edited by staccato

qball    11
qball

Which seller? No link?

staccato    10
staccato
Which seller? No link?

Post edited with link

qball    11
qball

Thanks, will investigate it.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Seems this seller wants to recover his purchase cost by his shipping charges

Check the Q&A

Q:

Why are your shipping charges so rediculously high?? - Asked by staccato (740 rating4.gif)

12 Apr 13:04

A:

You don't expect me to sell an item for R1.00 and post it free for you. That is what it cost me to buy the item. Actually speaking I don't make any profit of my sales.

12 Apr 13:32

Keyboard & Mouse Bundles - Astrum Elete Combe USB Keyboard & Mouse Combo was listed for R1.00 on 12 Apr at 14:01 by Vmoodley123 in East London (ID:96166625)

Hi Staccatto, I paid R310 for a speedservices parcel on Theusday. The parcel weigh just under 3kg. The R130 seems to be correct.

staccato    10
staccato
Hi Staccatto, I paid R310 for a speedservices parcel on Theusday. The parcel weigh just under 3kg. The R130 seems to be correct.

This is normal counter to counter parcel post and is under 1kg, NOT speedservices. I ship often and know the rates. This seller is charging over R100 just to package the parcel. By his own admittance, he charges R130.00 to recover his purchase cost.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
This is normal counter to counter parcel post and is under 1kg, NOT speedservices. I ship often and know the rates. This seller is charging over R100 just to package the parcel. By his own admittance, he charges R130.00 to recover his purchase cost.

O yes, I see it's ordinary mail. Shipping then would be no more than R40 Staccato.

qball    11
qball

The seller has agreed to reduce the shipping, we will be following up today.

Cheetah10    10
Cheetah10

Surely the onus is up to the buyer to check on the shipping details before he/she bids??..... Once the bid is placed..... Shipping is included.... no matter how high the seller might set it...... (not that I'm in favor of extravagant shipping costs..... but it must be listed..... and it must be checked before bidding)......

qball    11
qball
Surely the onus is up to the buyer to check on the shipping details before he/she bids??..... Once the bid is placed..... Shipping is included.... no matter how high the seller might set it...... (not that I'm in favor of extravagant shipping costs..... but it must be listed..... and it must be checked before bidding)......

That is also true... if you are not happy with the shipping don't bid or buy, rather report it.

qball    11
qball

The seller has reduced the shipping by R60 in line with SAPO rates for parcels.