Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Prayers for lilythepink

Kit W

Hi Janet. I haven't visited the forum in absolute ages so it is great to hear that you are improving. I will pass no comment on the thumbprint reader as I had a similar incident at the bank last week!!

Hugs

Kit

NooNooBug

Please be careful ! Don't try to run yet ! Just remember slow & steady, don't push the recovery ... healing takes time, listen to your body, but REALLY listen !!

Guest Guest
Another update - went to get my driver's licence renewed last week. Only in Grahamstown would one meet up with two others of similar age, all being friends. The traffic dept's fingerprint machine didn't want to read our thumbprints - reason: we are "elderly". This meant we had to get photocopies of our ID books, certified by a Commissioner of Oaths (and not a Justice of the Peace!?) and return to the department. Once their supervisor arrived back in office from Bisho she would override the system and we would be able to file our applications and pay R216 for a renewed licence. What a rigmarole.

Now - I want to know why Grahamstown's Traffic Department do not have a proper finger-printing machine that can read even the "elderly's" prints! Surely this is discrimination against the elderly? I am, sadly, not yet in good physical condition to organise and stage a protest at our traffic department! (LOL)

I know of old age pensioners who have recently had to be re-registered and they had their finger prints taken without any problem.

Hi Janet

I think it is an incredible abuse that they now take your fingerprints to have a driver's license.

Big brother is here

On a more serious note don't let MJ chase you around the garden... let your legs rest. Terry might have to have a serious word with the "bad bird".

Take care

Scott

lilythepink

Another update (fortunately I am not in hospital again!) is that Ruby (our labrador) was jealous of me giving The Beak attention late yesterday afternoon and knocked me flying to the ground, bird and all. Luckily no serious injury was caused - I am just quite bruised and feeling very, very stiff this morning. MrA and I both had a terrible fright and if we didn't love Ruby so much we'd think about looking for another home for her. (Only joking!)

NooNooBug

Glad you ok. Labbies tend to forget their force sometimes !! I have a black boy aptly named Thunder ! (PS also have a Ruby ! but she is a Coonhound cross Ridgeback !)

Kit W
Another update (fortunately I am not in hospital again!) is that Ruby (our labrador) was jealous of me giving The Beak attention late yesterday afternoon and knocked me flying to the ground, bird and all. Luckily no serious injury was caused - I am just quite bruised and feeling very, very stiff this morning. MrA and I both had a terrible fright and if we didn't love Ruby so much we'd think about looking for another home for her. (Only joking!)

Send Ruby to me - just love Labs & Retrievers!!! Keep well and please look after yourself.

svw

Thank goodness you did not injure yourself further! On a lighter note I think Ruby better watch out 'The Beak' has a reputation to uphold and may be planning a substantial well aimed peck when she is least expecting it ...

lilythepink

Ruby is very respectful around The Beak but intensely jealous of the bird! It's understandable as I spend a great deal of time with him on my shoulder. (Ruby has two tiny slits in her ear from her puppy days when she tried to get the better of The Beak!)

Have you ever realised how, when you reach up to get something down from a shelf, your thigh muscles and tendons come into play? I cannot lift anything down from above me, no matter how light or small it may be.

But today is a relatively pain free day and I am feeling perkier.

Hugs to each one of you for your caring!