Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Prayers for lilythepink

Guest Guest

Get well soon jan

OMG

I never knew

I was crying as I read some of the posts in this thread...

Terry please send Jan my love and best wishes... and make sure that MJ does not get that vicious beak into any stitches!

Jan is one of those rare treasures that you meet in life, however briefly, their impact lives with you forever.

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

Miss Jewels

I've spoken to Janet and she sounds much better. With the fall, she fell onto her "replaced knee", tearing the muscles in her top leg and behind the knee. This basically means the replacement was almost worthless. Muscles cannot be joined surgicially and will have to grow back. She is now lying in bed with a splint in order for the leg to rest and heal. The wound has been cleaned in theatre and she is still on iv for her pain medication and antibiotics. She will walk with a limp after this episode but I am soooo very glad that she is staying positive. She has been put into a private ward in order to eliminate any further chances of infection but she is receiving excellent service from all the staff. I am having some flowers delivered to her today and hopefully this will brighten her day somewhat. .

MsPlod

Strength and light - love and laughter

Thinking of you Jan - wishing you the speediest possible recovery!

YSLMAGIC

Get well soon Jan............may you have a speedy recovery

Mad about Jack

G O Dspeed Janet.

Pathway

Blessings and warm prayers on their way for you xxxxx

Miss Jewels

Janet had her first walk down the passage on Friday using a walker and the physio guiding her. Obviously very sore after that but she is thankful her sore leg is functional despite the torn muscles. The 3 drains have now been removed from the leg but it is still heavily bandanged with a splint. There is considerable pain when moving position but she is staying so positive. She will remain on drip and the Drs are also still busy with blood tests.

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Also thinking of Mr Aerospace who is back in Grahamstown and cannot be with his wife everyday due to the distance to Port Elizabeth.

If there are any BoBbers in the PE or immediate surrounding area, it will be a fantastic gesture if you could pop in and visit your "family member".

Thanks to all who have posted here and also sent her messages. This is what is keeping her going! Bless you all!

meeks
Janet had her first walk down the passage on Friday using a walker and the physio guiding her. Obviously very sore after that but she is thankful her sore leg is functional despite the torn muscles. The 3 drains have now been removed from the leg but it is still heavily bandanged with a splint. There is considerable pain when moving position but she is staying so positive. She will remain on drip and the Drs are also still busy with blood tests.

Also thinking of Mr Aerospace who is back in Grahamstown and cannot be with his wife everyday due to the distance to Port Elizabeth.

If there are any BoBbers in the PE or immediate surrounding area, it will be a fantastic gesture if you could pop in and visit your "family member".

Thanks to all who have posted here and also sent her messages. This is what is keeping her going! Bless you all!

I was just wondering whether there is any more news on how Janet (Lily) is doing?. Been thinking about her and Mr Aerospace so much during the week-end, and really hope things are looking up.

X0X0

Miss Jewels

For those that have been following this post, the latest news: (not good though)

Janet is still in hospital and will be there for another week to 10 days due to the infection in the wound which has not yet cleared up. She also went back into theater last night for Drs to clean out the wound and take more swabs which has now been sent away. Until the results come back (approx 5 days) she will remain in hospital and on drip.

Obviously this is now having an emotional effect on her as she is in a private ward (hospital afraid of cross contamination) and obviously very much on her own. Mr T cannot drive through from Grahamstown to PE everyday and this would be huge expenses, and also the animals are at home (and she is really missing them all)

I had some flowers delivered to her the other day, but I know she is very lonely. I called her this evening but could hear it was not our Janet we know.

Once again, if there are any forum members in the PE area who might like to visit her, she is in St Georges Hospital in Port Elizabeth.

Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers and please continue to do so!

Jacques Kuun

Any possibility of clubbing in (if someone could administrate) to send some flowers and a card from us ALL?

alloway65
Any possibility of clubbing in (if someone could administrate) to send some flowers and a card from us ALL?

Great Idea.

We are thinking of you Janet.

Miss Jewels

Hi all. Miems has also contacted me and asked me to arrange for the flowers, which I will do with love and pleasure.

For those who would like to make a donation, please PM me for banking details and I will do the necessary.

Regards,

Cheryl

Guest Guest

Which hospital is she in?

I would like like to send her some flowers...

Scott Balson

MiemsJewels
Which hospital is she in?

I would like like to send her some flowers...

Scott Balson

Hi Scott

Janet is in St. George Hospital in Port Elizabeth.

Best regards

Miems

Miss Jewels

Hi all.

Just another update on lilythepink.

She is still in PE in hospital and will still be there for another week to 10 days.

All her veins have now fallen in and she was taken back to theatre yesterday to have a port put into her neck for the IV.

She has, on top of everything, developed a tummy virus and is also battling nasea due to the drip. This results in her not being able to eat as nothing wants to stay down.

The wound itself is now no longer red and inflamed. They are not sure is this is from the medication/drip or the fact that she was taken back into theatre to have the wound cleaned out.

Obviously, all this is having a mental effect on her as he is missing her hubby, home and animals.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers in this very difficult time.

For those still interested in clubbing in for flowers, please PM me. I would like to have something delivered to her tomorrow. It will be flowers combined with a fruit and nut basket.

To those who have already contributed towards this, a huge Thank You!:angel:

Kindest regards

Cheryl

Not1CentMore

Cheryl... Big hugs to Janet (and Terry). Both remain in my thot's and prayers. Please continue to keep us updated.

Please check your PM.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Miss Jewels

Thank you Ruthie....you are an angel :angel:

Cheryl... Big hugs to Janet (and Terry). Both remain in my thot's and prayers. Please continue to keep us updated.

Please check your PM.

Ruthie

MsPlod

Jan, you and Terry are seldom far from my thoughts. Loads of strength and a speedy recovery! Hope this is all soon a distant memory. Huge hugs.

Miss Jewels

These were the flowers that was delivered to Janet, as well as a snack and hamper basket. According to Janet, it was beautifully presented and even had a bottle each of grape juice and appletizer. On their way back to Grahamstown (as she was discharged from hospital) they were able to enjoy the contents of the hamper and there was more than enough left to still snack on at home.

She has expressed her utmost thanks to all those who contributed toward this and once she is more mobile, she will log onto the forum and thank you herself.

Her medical aid approved her out-of-hospital treatement as it was on the recommendation of her Dr. Obviously the trip back home was very uncomfortable and painful for her but she is just thankful to be home.

Still in a lot of pain, she is currently resting a lot which is the best medicine.

The most important is that she is at home with her loved ones......the ones she was missing most while alone in Grahamstown.

From my side, thank you to those who contibuted in making her day so much brighter! She was so surprised when the hamper and flowers arrived!

Kindest regards

Cheryl

58f5a748c0184_JanLongman.jpg.c42eadb20d1292b41a7a486844931800.jpg

alloway65

Many thanks for organizing the flowers etc Cheryl, we all appreciate it.:laugh:

Home at last what a relief.

My longest time in hospital was a week about 10 years ago and the hospital was only about 1km from home as were my company offices...and I was still climbing the walls....my management staff came to the hospital every morning for a meeting which kept me sane.:huh:

DestinysAngels

Wow, i haven't been here lately, i thought she was out and about already! I will give her a call this weekend!

kyle2

Hi Lily, my thoughts are with you, apologies for not responding earlier, been out the country for a while, wishing you a speedy recovery, hope you get well soon!

:embarrest:

Guest Guest

Welcome home Janet

Hope you are feeling better now

My thoughts are with you

Scott

lilythepink

My dear, dear forum friends ... I don't even know how to find the words to thank you all for your caring concern, beautiful flowers, phone calls and emails during what I will remember as one of the most trying (and painful) times in my life. Four operations in less than a month has left me feeling somewhat weak, and the pain of moving around even using a walker (yes I guess I have to admit I am relying on one so I can be mobile for the next 3 months) is something I am battling to get used to doing. Don't ever take it for granted that you have your mobility and can drive yourself around in your car!

I will be visiting the forum regularly again - it's just that I can't yet sit for too long without the torn muscle and tendons in my thigh "seizing up" and becoming excrutiatingly painful.

My sincerest thanks to each one of you who has been so caring about me. I would have to write a book to mention all the good things that have happened to me because of you - forum friends - most of whom I have never even met.

alloway65

We are so glad you are back home Janet, just take it easy....excuse the pun.....one step at a time!

You have to be thankful that walkers had been invented, cumbersome but effective....no more falling OK....and no more running for a few months!!!!

Thinking of you.

David & Rose.