Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

What refund do you offer?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Would like to find out what everyone else offers as a reasonable refund arrangement? Obviously this is in a scenario where the buyer changed his mind and you agree to refund. I have seen a few, mainly 100% of cost less postage, and also saw a Cost of item less 15% for handling, what do you do ? I need to up my game and implement something here for any future scenarios, so wanted to get some research in via the forum...any ideas or feedback would be appreciated...

qball    11
qball

Hi NooNooBug

On a Buy Now, the buyer can change his mind within 5 days, you may not penalise them for that. You can only charge handling fees if the item has been used or has been taken out of it's packaging and used. It's best to check the CPA about this, look at section 20 of the Act. Our recommendation is to refund 100% if the goods have not been shipped. If they have been shipped and the buyer changes their mind, you can refund the purchase amount, and not the shipping. Depending on the product, charging handling fees may not be necessary and just causes further aggravation and animosity towards the seller. If the product is not working, faulty or not as described, you will need to refund the cost price, plus you will be liable for postage (return as well), if the buyer decides on a refund. In these cases you will not be allowed to charge a handling fee.